Sunday. Forced operational necessity.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We had an old timer suspended yesterday for HOS violation. Ain't worth it.

A perfect example of trying to do the right thing and then being thrown directly beneath the bus. If you are DOT, send multiple messages to Dispatch if you are even remotely close to hitting 14. If you won't make it back, send another message indicating this, park the vehicle, and then await retrieval by someone else, preferably a manager.

Protect yourself, because they won't.

It will be fine

A perfect example of trying to do the right thing and then being thrown directly beneath the bus. If you are DOT, send multiple messages to Dispatch if you are even remotely close to hitting 14. If you won't make it back, send another message indicating this, park the vehicle, and then await retrieval by someone else, preferably a manager.

Protect yourself, because they won't.
I think that would still be a violation. You have to be off the clock by 14 hrs. That means back to the station by at least 13:40 so you can do a proper post trip inspection and clock out. Depending on how far you are from the station call it quits at 13 hrs to leave ample time for traffic and what not.

STFXG

I think that would still be a violation. You have to be off the clock by 14 hrs. That means back to the station by at least 13:40 so you can do a proper post trip inspection and clock out. Depending on how far you are from the station call it quits at 13 hrs to leave ample time for traffic and what not.
Nah you just can't drive once you've been on the clock for 14. Unless you are heading back to station and are delayed due to weather. Then you can extend up to 16. You just can't drive again until after the 10 hr restart.

It will be fine

Nah you just can't drive once you've been on the clock for 14. Unless you are heading back to station and are delayed due to weather. Then you can extend up to 16. You just can't drive again until after the 10 hr restart.
Good to know. I can't imagine having a guy out that long in one day though.

SmithBarney

All hours count towards that 14, so just parking it at 13:59 isn't an option you have to be in and OFF the clock.

Goldilocks

More than half of our station have been given a letter that states we are non dot drivers. Tell me why we still could not work over 14 hours? I was almost at 14 and told to head back and clock out. Made it by 10 min. Crap, I was enjoying making over $50 an hour.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
More than half of our station have been given a letter that states we are non dot drivers. Tell me why we still could not work over 14 hours? I was almost at 14 and told to head back and clock out. Made it by 10 min. Crap, I was enjoying making over $50 an hour.

They gave you guys letters? We only heard by word of mouth. I'm sure FedEx doesn't like paying double time. Customers be damned.

STFXG

What was the purpose of signing? I wonder if we non-DOT people ever get stopped by the police, what will happen when the cops ask us for our DOT card because we have a FedEx DOT number on the side of our trucks?
The DOT number doesn't matter. If the truck is under 10k pounds you don't need a DOT card.

Goldilocks

What was the purpose of signing? I wonder if we non-DOT people ever get stopped by the police, what will happen when the cops ask us for our DOT card because we have a FedEx DOT number on the side of our trucks?

Funny, we had a non dot driver that needed to pull out but a 700 was in his way. He made the manager move it because of course, we are non dot and cannot move anything larger than a sprinter. lol