Supe loaded entire trailer, grieve?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by DR PUMP, Aug 6, 2019.

1. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Don't discriminate against blind preloaders

And this is how unions die.

Internal apathy to the point that we see the person taking our work away as a friend.

2. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Call in list for people who want extra work.

3. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

Trouble no one wants to work....much less “extra” work

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. trailer loader

trailer loader Trailer Loader

our belt supe encourages us to file on him when he has to load or pickoff,

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. VeeTeeGee

VeeTeeGee New Member

We have a call list, but only a single driver ever(sometimes) takes them up on it, and even then he only catches the last 2 hours of pre-load. And we've been hiring since the day I got here. Most can't handle the work, and why would they when they can flip burgers or work at Target for $15-16/hr to start. It takes a person with a specific kind of life to be able to show up at 3am and work 6-7 hours for less pay than almost everywhere else around here.

I really do think it's a small center versus big center/hub thing as well. When the big hubs have 4 people on pre-load missing, it's not a world ender and things can be shifted accordingly, plus they have a larger call sheet to find replacements. When we have 4 people missing, be it vacations, unexpected call ins, people going back to school, etc, we're down ~20-25% of our pre-load. The numbers just don't exist for us to pull from.

Either way, I understand the point that people make about management not doing union work, I just don't see it as a one size fits all sort of thing. ::shrug::

6. I have been lurking

I have been lurking Why does Tuesday come so fast?

Hire floaters who bail out as needed. Maybe they do nothing for a few minutes. With 6 billion, they can swing it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

I can understand this.
    Many part-time sips only work when specifically directed by management above them.

When I was a part-time sup I never worked unless directed to and when I did, I always submitted a timecard and added my hours into the operations report.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. OKLABob

OKLABob Active Member

I’m there to make money not be buddy buddy golf partners with my supervisors. Your right we wanna work and go home but when you are getting railed out all week and they 9.5 your ass every single day you get tired of it. If I see any of my sups touching packages preload or not I’ll file on it. If they need :censored2: done that quick I’ll punch in early and go unload trailers with preload. I’m assuming you are a part timer.

9. OKLABob

OKLABob Active Member

My center is always short handed. Got a ton of TCDs waiting to go full time and they won’t hire anyone.

10. It's going to be a fun peak....

11. OKLABob

OKLABob Active Member

For sure. They think it’s bad now wait until peak rolls around!

12. We are over loaded now. Not enough people or package cars.

13. OKLABob

OKLABob Active Member

That is one of our biggest things not having enough package cars.. and the ones we have that aren’t propane that are the old diesels or gasoline trucks are all junk. Something is always broke on them.

14. We have stuff that has been red tagged all year..

15. Star B

Star B White Lightening

Their waiting for the red to fade, their white tagged, virgin metal! OK TO DRIVE!!

16. Im not sure if they will be able to get them to even run.

17. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Management is the ENEMY
    Bury them in grievances

18. Observer

Observer Active Member

Unfortunately, the company always understaffs. Been doing it for years. Grieve, grieve, grieve. It's a shame that group grievances are not encouraged in some centers. People who work in a small center count your blessings. I believe there is a harassment section in the master. Good luck.

19. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Well-Known Member

Hey how about those post office numbers eh?

20. polyp

polyp Member

Do ya'll staff to planned production or average actual? I've always wondered.