Supervisor doing "my" job?

Ilovehugs

So I have the highest seniority in my area and there is a position open that I've wanted and I've made it clear that I wanted to three different full time supervisors. There is no bid sheet, but they have had me doing the job (pulling metal and doing retapes) the past 2-3 months. Yesterday they put me in a trailer to unload and had a supervisor doing the job I've been doing. Was I right to be upset or should I just let it go?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
458D43CB-52A7-4823-B8E1-279A50A09B0E.gif
So I have the highest seniority in my area and there is a position open that I've wanted and I've made it clear that I wanted to three different full time supervisors. There is no bid sheet, but they have had me doing the job (pulling metal and doing retapes) the past 2-3 months. Yesterday they put me in a trailer to unload and had a supervisor doing the job I've been doing. Was I right to be upset or should I just let it go?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
supervisors are not allowed to do union work and learn about it

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sups are valuable parts of our team.

WTFm8

Ok I'm still naive like they want us to be about rules though. So even if it's peak and supervisors are "allowed" to work, I can still grieve that? Thanks for your help.

Only ‘allowed’ to work to prevent service failures.

Them constantly working day in and day out, week after week, month after month isn’t preventing service failures, it’s them not hiring enough people.

Even worse is when they ‘send’ somebody home ‘voluntarily’ then procede to work.

It’s the bargaining unit members responsibility to “police” the supervisors and management and hold them to the contract as well as helping guide/inform coworkers of their protections.

Elmo.goes.to.prom

Sups process hazmats.

But that is ok because they are doing it wrong.

I can giggle when it bites upper management in the butt later. For some reason that is enough validation for me.