Supervisor question

Karma...

I see your point....however...if not for the defined pension what would ensure that we keep continued good people here for the long haul ?.....it was great when we had continuity with our management...developes existing talent with a stable management team....just a thought. so perhaps instead of a defined pension and an enhanced 401k plan if a management stayed until say age 55 there would be a 100k award.....or such....

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I see your point....however...if not for the defined pension what would ensure that we keep continued good people here for the long haul ?.....it was great when we had continuity with our management...developes existing talent with a stable management team....just a thought. so perhaps instead of a defined pension and an enhanced 401k plan if a management stayed until say age 55 there would be a 100k award.....or such....
a progressive pay scale that beats inflation, interesting work, opportunity for advancement, and not being abused; these are the same things that keep good people for the long haul already

people that only stick around for a pension, on the management side, are trash anyways

CHEMA-DELMA

Thats exactly right .....When we went went public and changed our name that was the point where the culture started changing...Most of the leadership who effected going public quickly retired, bailed out and left the rest of us out to dry.....With the younger management not having a defined pension meaning ups doesn't want them long term. Its still bitter knowing that the general public can buy our stock. Going public was a betrayal.......
The good old days, the special assignment opportunity, travel 4 1/2 days per week, only expense $25.00 per day for meals if not you better have a receipt. Away from home, scraping by, working many hours, staying at not that great hotels thankful that the breakfast was included it saved the $25.00 for lunch and dinner. You had to go it would insult your DM if your name was pulled from the hat and you refused to go. Or you got sent to night sort or preload 50 miles from your current building. All for the sake of the firm.

gamecock65

If the McKinsey & Company algorithm says you need to go, then you'll go, regardless of what ready team assignments you've accepted or turned down.

JR Ewing

The good old days, the special assignment opportunity, travel 4 1/2 days per week, only expense $25.00 per day for meals if not you better have a receipt. Away from home, scraping by, working many hours, staying at not that great hotels thankful that the breakfast was included it saved the $25.00 for lunch and dinner. You had to go it would insult your DM if your name was pulled from the hat and you refused to go. Or you got sent to night sort or preload 50 miles from your current building. All for the sake of the firm.
Sounds so familiar

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thats exactly right .....When we went went public and changed our name that was the point where the culture started changing...Most of the leadership who effected going public quickly retired, bailed out and left the rest of us out to dry.....With the younger management not having a defined pension meaning ups doesn't want them long term. Its still bitter knowing that the general public can buy our stock. Going public was a betrayal.......
Also heard some mgt was butt hurt when hourly was able to purchase stock through payroll deductions…

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Also heard some mgt was butt hurt when hourly was able to purchase stock through payroll deductions…
Private companies had always let their hourlies but stock prior to it going public. I bought so much prior to it going public that I went in debt deep and owed people money.
It made me rich.
Nov. 10, 1999
A day that will live in infamy.