Supervisor working example

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
giphy-5.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Report what your eyes see. No need to have start/stop if sups do small units of work at a time, just a minimum "at least" amount, range and location. Then request logs from sups or timecard/technology data for any additional time worked that you could not see.

Extra work signups is way too lax. They need all the "sign up computers" working, clearly labelled for weekly double shifting and sheets of paper posted on the wall, clearly labelled for extra work with less than a week's notice. That's it. Until then. All sups working for operational needs is disengenuous, as far as I care.

PT Car Washer

Report what your eyes see. No need to have start/stop if sups do small units of work at a time, just a minimum "at least" amount, range and location. Then request logs from sups or timecard/technology data for any additional time worked that you could not see.

Extra work signups is way too lax. They need all the "sign up computers" working, clearly labelled for weekly double shifting and sheets of paper posted on the wall, clearly labelled for extra work with less than a week's notice. That's it. Until then. All sups working for operational needs is disengenuous, as far as I care.
PT sups aren't working, they are training.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Can someone show me an example of a sup working greivance? One of my sups was told to go drive by corporate.
One's interpretation of words of another can be slanted based on our own thought process.

In order to answer this correctly...

One will need first hand accounts from the original statement maker.

Basically...

Go ask ol boy who told the supe to roll by corporate if what he meant was...

Hey supe, go take a flying leap off a bridge.

Hope this helps.

twoweeled

If I file will I get the money,I was told by my steward if I file the person with the highest seniority gets the money?My local is weak at my hub,the sups are pretty much working non stop in front of our steward.
If your local is weak (and a lot of them are) maybe take a minute to think about it. Some locals are so weak, you'll end up pissing both sides off if you keep writing grievances for anything short of murder. If it's bad enough and you don't get satisfaction, you could write to the international. Depending on who gets your letter there, the international will sometimes step in strongly and get it done. Better be sure you're 100% correct and don't exaggerate anything, if you write to the International.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
If your local is weak (and a lot of them are) maybe take a minute to think about it. Some locals are so weak, you'll end up pissing both sides off if you keep writing grievances for anything short of murder. If it's bad enough and you don't get satisfaction, you could write to the international. Depending on who gets your letter there, the international will sometimes step in strongly and get it done. Better be sure you're 100% correct and don't exaggerate anything, if you write to the International.
I get what you are saying.My local is not weak, my steward in my work area is weak.It will be worth it to take some money out of my pos unit managers pocket he has been ripping me off for months.I talked to my ba he told me to file on them whenever I see them working.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I get what you are saying.My local is not weak, my steward in my work area is weak.It will be worth it to take some money out of my pos unit managers pocket he has been ripping me off for months.I talked to my ba he told me to file on them whenever I see them working.
Get the driver's shop steward. Mine likes ripping management apart

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you local is weak you need to find a way to make it strong, it’s on you.
Get to work.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Is your Steward appointed or voted in?

quad decade guy

If I file will I get the money,I was told by my steward if I file the person with the highest seniority gets the money?My local is weak at my hub,the sups are pretty much working non stop in front of our steward.
I see more blue shirts working than pt'ers. God's truth. All night long. Pt sups just seem like ordinary pt'ers. Full time ORS's shifting pulling loads....

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Either sups help or we get backed up 🤷‍♂️. Ups management never wants to properly staff. You got people calling off constantly with no discipline it’s absurd. Or let me rephrase they only discipline the hard workers lol.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Either sups help or we get backed up 🤷‍♂️.
You're part of the problem.

I've said it hundreds of times probably.

LET. IT. GET. BACKED. UP.

Them forcing it out of the unload has no bearing on the work you need to be doing.
Work at a safe pace.
Work as instructed.

They'll have to send you help, or you'll stack all day.
If you stack all day, you get more hours. (win).
If they send you help, you get a clean area. (win).
If they work, you file on them, and get paid even more. (win).

Why is this so hard?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
They especially love helping after they cut everybody
That's the easiest one of all to win in a grievance.
If they sent the people home, they can't argue they were short staffed or training.

Takes away their two best defenses for an easy payday.