Swing Pay VS Reg CRR Pay

Express Courier

Haha! On a 40 hour week that's $624 extra a year. They can keep it!
My total swing pay was about $1.00 more than if you are not a swing. Before any overtime. So if you just go by a 40 hour work week I guess that adds up to $160 a month or $1920 a year. Which ends up being quite a bit more with OT. Still not worth it though lol.

Slick silver

Been a swing now for almost 2 years... It's definitely not worth the money. I maybe get one week every couple months were things seem to work out and I only work a actual 40 hr week. The rest I'm working way to many to think of.

dex 84

Been a swing now for almost 2 years... It's definitely not worth the money. I maybe get one week every couple months were things seem to work out and I only work a actual 40 hr week. The rest I'm working way to many to think of.

It might not be worth it but I can't justify taking a pay cut to make my day easier. I get plenty of OT without even trying but when the opportunity presents itself I'll run my ass off and get out early. It's not often but it's nice when it happens. There are plenty of routes where getting out early isn't even a remote possibility unless you cut a deal because you have something you need to get out for. Even then there are no guarantees...

Slick silver

My rule of thumb when it comes to trying to get out on time or early, it's not going to happen. So many times were I have busted my butt to finish p2 and all of sudden you get that message that's says, we need you to cover a pm route until you run out of hours. Now on those freak days were I only have to do p1 with maybe a few p2 I will push it to the max, and hurry up and clear out and clock out asap hoping a manager is in a meeting or out for lunch. Heck to make it easier I will park the truck outside, sneak in and drop my stuff and clock out without signing my timecard, learned that from a veteran swing driver at my station

dex 84

My rule of thumb when it comes to trying to get out on time or early, it's not going to happen. So many times were I have busted my butt to finish p2 and all of sudden you get that message that's says, we need you to cover a pm route until you run out of hours. Now on those freak days were I only have to do p1 with maybe a few p2 I will push it to the max, and hurry up and clear out and clock out asap hoping a manager is in a meeting or out for lunch. Heck to make it easier I will park the truck outside, sneak in and drop my stuff and clock out without signing my timecard, learned that from a veteran swing driver at my station

Every operation is different I guess but I can usually tell early on in if I'm going to have to do something else if I finish early. Still, sometimes I'm fully expecting to need to help someone out when I'm done but I go quick and finish early anyways and then I get cleared while the dispatcher is on his lunch break and I immediately sign off of dispatch, drive back, slip on in, and slip on out of the station.

I don't ever really hurt myself by finishing my p2 quicker. If I can get out, great. If I have to help someone else with dels then I'm still getting paid and I'm making their day easier. If I have to do a pup route then I tell them that I need something to do until I can start my pups because I'm not taking more than an hour break.