Switching from FT to PT for medical reasons

Brownt10

Is it possible and what has to get done to switch from full time to part time due to a medical condition affecting me? I fall under the ADA so I would think if I can not be accommodated full time I can switch to part time.

I haven’t mentioned it to my stewards or anything bc I don’t want anything getting out until I officially decide what I want to do and what my options are.

Honestly I’d make just as good of money pt. They make 23hr and work atleast 5 in a half hours if not more

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Is it possible and what has to get done to switch from full time to part time due to a medical condition affecting me? I fall under the ADA so I would think if I can not be accommodated full time I can switch to part time.

Thinking you are covered and having a company approved ADA accommodation, are two different things.

I haven’t mentioned it to my stewards or anything bc I don’t want anything getting out until I officially decide what I want to do and what my options are.

Honestly I’d make just as good of money pt. They make 23hr and work atleast 5 in a half hours if not more
My building had at least one switch back to PT for medical reasons. Must not be very easy or I am sure many more would switch back.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What’s your major affliction?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've seen a couple of drivers go back to PT, there's nothing in the contract about it though so at least around here it's up to management.

Thebrownblob

Ask your Stewards or BA

Mr. Marshall

I'm guessing you are in one of the newly created 22.3 positions that aren't getting the MRA but I would say long term going back to PT sounds like a bad idea. The $23 an hour in our hub is only set until April and OT for PT's in not being allowed currently and there is no doubling. If you are planning on staying at UPS long term I would recommend staying FT as once progression ends you will be way above $23. Also, in my building we had a woman who bid into a full time job and then tried to go back to part-time and had all these doctors notes etc. and they would not allow it and she does not work for UPS.

UPSmechanicinblue

Does this help with your question? Last paragraph

Attachments

• IMG_7257.jpeg
    IMG_7257.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 57