Teamster Legal Services

JustDeliverIt

Has anyone used these services for a divorce?

I used the benefit when my ex took me back to court, got a great firm I still use today for stuff. They gave me a set amount off the top and a discount for hours over the allotment. Well worth it, just do your due diligence and make sure you get a good lawyer/firm.

F

Frankie's Friend

I used the benefit when my ex took me back to court, got a great firm I still use today for stuff. They gave me a set amount off the top and a discount for hours over the allotment. Well worth it, just do your due diligence and make sure you get a good lawyer/firm.
At which point in the process do you know you got a "good lawyer/firm"?

cachmeifucan

We have it out here not sure how it works. I looked into it 1 time I thought I remembered it saying it would help with divorce if everyone agrees so if you guys not in agreement maybe no help.

JustDeliverIt

We have it out here not sure how it works. I looked into it 1 time I thought I remembered it saying it would help with divorce if everyone agrees so if you guys not in agreement maybe no help.

You can use it for almost anything. I did when we bought our house (no charge), my kid got a speeding ticket (no charge) and divorce stuff after the fact (charged at a discounted rate once the set amount they give you was used up). It's a nice benefit to have.

"My" local does. Often times you are better off securing your own attorney. (Not a slam on Teamsters but on the lawyer in our area).
If you don’t like or cannot find an acceptable attorney in your area. Any attorney can represent you under the plan if they fill out the teamsters legal paperwork.

Rack em

Made the Podium
"My" local does. Often times you are better off securing your own attorney. (Not a slam on Teamsters but on the lawyer in our area).
Agreed. I have multiple coworkers who have gone through a divorce and used our union lawyer and they say he is not easy to work with for a divorce. He is good at handling other things, but not divorce. So to the OP, get some feedback from your coworkers if they have used the lawyer/firm for a divorce and see if they have positive things to say. If not, then shop around for a lawyer who will get the job done right.