Teamster

barnyard

KTM rider
If you are spying on other members and reporting to management or if you are a feeder and scabbing for another company during layoff. I am sure there are other ways, those are 2 that i know of.

TB

ih8tbrn

Banned
If you are spying on other members and reporting to management or if you are a feeder and scabbing for another company during layoff. I am sure there are other ways, those are 2 that i know of.

TB

If you're laid off you can't find temporary work to support you and your family? Is the union going to pay your mortgage, buy you food, pay your utilities, make your car payment?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you're laid off you can't find temporary work to support you and your family? Is the union going to pay your mortgage, buy you food, pay your utilities, make your car payment?

Most creditors will work with you if you call them and discuss the situation with them. Unemployment insurance protection is available from most creditors that will ensure that your accounts stay current while you are laid off. Please check with your local to see what assistance (if any) will be available for you if the need does arise.

rushfan

Not here. The dues go to help fedex organize-when hell freezes over, and keep a driver who has been fired 3 times-very good use of dues.

Not here. The dues go to help fedex organize-when hell freezes over, and keep a driver who has been fired 3 times-very good use of dues.
We had a diver that was brought back 4 times. Each and every time he was fired without good cause and should not have been fired in the first place. Very good use of dues.

barnyard

KTM rider

But, what if you have enough seniority to work, but take voluntary layoff because you do not like running a route. Then, while on voluntary layoff, go drive OTR for a neighbor.....

I am pretty sure that you can do that, IF you pay dues for the other job.

The person that I am referring to does not and I am pretty sure that this person is risking their union membership for cash under the table....

TB

ih8tbrn

Banned
But, what if you have enough seniority to work, but take voluntary layoff because you do not like running a route. Then, while on voluntary layoff, go drive OTR for a neighbor.....

The person that I am referring to does not and I am pretty sure that this person is risking their union membership for cash under the table....

TB

Sorry,

I thought you meant a real layoff, not the occasional day here and there.

chev

Nightcrawler

TB
Ahhh, Thanks for clearing that up. I thought the same as ih8tbrn. :wink2:

BrownSuit

We had a diver that was brought back 4 times. Each and every time he was fired without good cause and should not have been fired in the first place. Very good use of dues.

I'm guessing the cause was that his center didn't have enough volume to deliver underwater?

Sorry - Couldn't resist on the diver :peaceful: