temp question about the union

LabRat

I am getting hired on for a Temp Holiday Driver position. So why do I have to pay union dues for benefits I will barely qualify for, and then soon enough not be eligible for. What is the deal with the Union.

southerngrits

UPSFreight Greenville SC
I am getting hired on for a Temp Holiday Driver position. So why do I have to pay union dues for benefits I will barely qualify for, and then soon enough not be eligible for. What is the deal with the Union.

simply put, the union wants your money for their own use... the more members the more money... they really don't care where the money comes from as long as they get it.

A

A Cow

You are being hired on to perform union work,the company and union agreed that all replacement help and seasonal help will pay union dues for the time worked.Its not unheard of seasonal drivers being kept as permanent drivers if they work out!