Tennessee UPS people

Overpaid Union Thug

I also went to driving school in Nashville. There were guys from all over the state there. Most of them were all "off the street" hires (supervisors) that were put in hotels that UPS paid for. I couldn't help but wonder why some of these guys didn't go to the driving schools at the hubs they were closer to so I asked them about it. They were sent to our class because there wasn't a driving school scheduled for a while in their areas. The big whigs in their buildings pulled some strings to make it happen so they'd be in their new jobs as soon as possible. This was interesting to me because I know of plenty of people (including myself) that had to wait for openings in our area but these guys were just sent across the state and put up in a hotel at UPS's expense in order to get them on the road quicker. LOL! How whacky is that?

I also went to driving school in Nashville. There were guys from all over the state there. Most of them were all "off the street" hires (supervisors) that were put in hotels that UPS paid for. I couldn't help but wonder why some of these guys didn't go to the driving schools at the hubs they were closer to so I asked them about it. They were sent to our class because there wasn't a driving school scheduled for a while in their areas. The big whigs in their buildings pulled some strings to make it happen so they'd be in their new jobs as soon as possible. This was interesting to me because I know of plenty of people (including myself) that had to wait for openings in our area but these guys were just sent across the state and put up in a hotel at UPS's expense in order to get them on the road quicker. LOL! How whacky is that?
Big, you just haven't thought it through, it's really pretty simple maybe too simple to be considered. The guys you spoke of are probably 30 day fast track wonders. The company. in some areas, are so desperate for full time sups they will go to great lengths to get them going. The one thing that bothers me about my theory is that here they just promoted an OMS with no driving experience to an OCS, no driver school, no driving time. go figure that one, I can't.