Terminated by UPS - Follow up

maybrown

is not a woman
I turned out that I need go to a panel on Thursday. Who will decide my fate? What Teamsters will do for me? Who went through this process? Please help!Thanks!

maybrown

is not a woman
I failed to adjust my speed when a car in front of my truck suddenly applied brakes. He had just changed to my lane.
I hit rear end and the occupied driver went to the hospital to check up (no visible injury). I has a ticket written by police.

dragracer66

I failed to adjust my speed when a car in front of my truck suddenly applied brakes. He had just changed to my lane.
I hit rear end and the occupied driver went to the hospital to check up (no visible injury). I has a ticket written by police.
Depending how long you have been working for parcel and if this is your first accident you probably have nothing to worry about. They will probably just reverse your firing to a time served suspension with no back pay. However if you have been in accident's before this one you might be in trouble. The company doesn't tolerate rear ended accidents because it alway's looks like what you said "failure to adjust speed" But if the car just pulled in front of you there is basically nothing that you can do to prove that unless you have some witnesses. But like I said earlier if this is your first you should be alright, just alittle light in the pocket!!!!

maybrown

is not a woman
I has 1 minor accident 2 years ago! Total 2 accidents in 7 years! I want to know clearly the process of panel hearing?
That decission is final or I have more chance to appeal. Thanks!

dragracer66

I has 1 minor accident 2 years ago! Total 2 accidents in 7 years! I want to know clearly the process of panel hearing?
That decission is final or I have more chance to appeal. Thanks!
You would still have an abritration hearing. But as a steward I don't see it getting to that. If what you say is true you should be ok. You will probably be back at this point. It's pretty hard to get fired from parcel. :thumbup1:

BROWNDAWG

I turned out that I need go to a panel on Thursday. Who will decide my fate? What Teamsters will do for me? Who went through this process? Please help!Thanks!

never bow down to management!!! keep the faith. I have been to panel before back in '05 for workplace violence, let your business agent do their job don't forget we have TEAMSTERS as panel members too. I'm still here and u are to on thurs.

tieguy

Banned
your panel consists of a courtroom type hearing. Three company reps. Three union reps. If they deadlock the arbitrator makes the final decision.
Go in professional looking and be humble and you'll do ok.
Your BA and his lawyers will guide you.
I don't think you have enough history to lose your job.

BROWNDAWG

comon dawg the guy hit someone who claimed injury . there will be no back pay.
of course there will no back pay if he didn't ask for it on termination grievance but he could have used that as a bargaining chip in theory. company hates to hand out money for free.:thumbup1:

Channahon

of course there will no back pay if he didn't ask for it on termination grievance but he could have used that as a bargaining chip in theory. company hates to hand out money for free.:thumbup1:

Please explain using backpay as a bargaining chip in theory? Based on an accident that caused injury and the driver got ticketed?

BROWNDAWG

Please explain using backpay as a bargaining chip in theory? Based on an accident that caused injury and the driver got ticketed?
INJURED DRIVER IS NOT THE FIRST OR LAST PERSON TO SUE UPS CLAIMING INJURY. BROWN = $$$$ FOR CIVILIANS IN THE GEN.PUBLIC, BROTHER MAYBROWN HAS NOT HAD ANY OTHER ACCIDENTS OTHER THAN CURRENT IN OVER 9 MONTHS NO REASON WHY HE SHOULD RECIEVE DISPAREMENT TREATMENT I MEAN THE OTHER DRIVER DIDN'T DIE. I DONT KNOW ABOUT U GUYS ACCIDENT OR NOT TICKETS QUIETLY DISAPPEAR BACKHOME. WHEN U ASK FOR BACKPAY COMPANY USUALLY BALKS AND IF IT REMOTELY THINKS U HAVE THE BIG GUNS POINTED AT THEM THEY WILL QUICKLY COMPROMISE COMPANY HATES BEING REMINDED I TOLD U SO!!!!!

hoser

Industrial Slob
why the hell couldn't you just put this in your existing thread. it's impossible to get fired from ups, if you did, you obviously screwed up.

F

FormerLP

why the hell couldn't you just put this in your existing thread. it's impossible to get fired from ups, if you did, you obviously screwed up.

I terminated dozens of people for stealing while I worked for UPS. I have been to many panel hearings, you can get fired.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Why wouldnt he have a chance for back pay? Was there an investagation? Was it fair? Was he warned for accidents in the past? Etc... Remember managers we still live in a country that you innocent until proven guilty. I have seen drivers get back pay because managers just fire without JUST CAUSE.