Terminated For Gross Negligence

H

hseofpayne

What Is A Cardinal Sin ???
Moving an NFL team from St. Louis to Arizona! Seriously though, I am sorry about your situation, doesn't seem fair, but I have always heard if there was a fatality, no matter the fault, you were automatically terminated. That doesn't mean you can't get your job back, just means it is automatic to be fired. Talk to steward and lawyer if necessary, GOOD LUCK.

UPS Lifer

Moving an NFL team from St. Louis to Arizona! Seriously though, I am sorry about your situation, doesn't seem fair, but I have always heard if there was a fatality, no matter the fault, you were automatically terminated. That doesn't mean you can't get your job back, just means it is automatic to be fired. Talk to steward and lawyer if necessary, GOOD LUCK.

Hey! Don't mess with the Arizona Cardinals ... I finally can root for a NFL home team again. They actually had a successful season last year. The new stadium is awesome!

I was a Ram fan until they deserted SoCal for St Louis.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
House

He had his day. And he turned down UPS's last and best offer, and you know what? There were no more offers.

Bottom line is that he was at fault in this accident. Maybe not intentionally, but because he did not see the guy, he pulled out in front of him. So that is where UPS came up with gross negligence. And they made it stick.

He turned down an inside job for several stated reasons, which change from post to post.

Sometimes you choose wrongly. When that happens, you end up paying the price.

I hate what happened to him. But if he went to the hearings with the attitude that he displayed here, no wonder it was a dead end for him.

d

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey! Don't mess with the Arizona Cardinals ... I finally can root for a NFL home team again. They actually had a successful season last year. The new stadium is awesome!

I think the "tray" that holds the field and can be moved in and out of the stadium is incredible technology. Now, if they could just get a quarterback with the ability to actually stay on that field...

UPS Lifer

I think the "tray" that holds the field and can be moved in and out of the stadium is incredible technology. Now, if they could just get a quarterback with the ability to actually stay on that field...

We shall see what happens this year. My "pro" team that I follow is the USC Trojans so I have followed Matt's career and if he stays healthy he should improve and be a strong factor in the next couple of years.

Dark_Team_135

Is there any new news in this case? L have you gotten an attorney? I am also a member of Local 135 and the business agent that was involved in this case was recently pushed to resign because of his poor representation of UPS members.

I too was discharged by UPS and he completely dropped the ball on my case and I lost at the JAC level. The NLRB got me back to work with back pay.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Somehow this thread popped up again, and I read every single page. I had so much work to get done at home today, spent too much time on this. Simply a fascinating post, great read.

Strong, honest, deepening respect for Dannyboy - sir, you are the man. Over and above the call of duty - I will respect every post you make from now on.

Very interesting fact arises out of this entire affair - an individual's attitude has an enormous effect on a person's career at UPS. Who would have thunk?

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Strong, honest, deepening respect for Dannyboy - sir, you are the man. Over and above the call of duty - I will respect every post you make from now on.

I read this everyday, and came to this conclusion as well.

Leftinbuilding

I followed this thread from the beginning and even made some posts of my own. I just re-read it, and was reminded of something that really bothered me when it was current. Unless I somehow missed it, at no time did "L" express any concern or compassion for the victim and his family. It was totally about "L" and his predicament. I don't understand that. I was involved in a mc vs pkg car accident (non fatal) and a company-ordered psychiatrist called me at home that evening. He was amazed that I didn't have negative feelings toward the mc rider for the upheaval in my personal life. I was more worried for the rider than for myself. Maybe non concern is a defensive mechanism of the mind for some. I don't know........ Anyway, it would be interesting to know what "L" is doing now.