Testing free classified ads.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was joking about the socks, although I do need some. The guy in North Carolina that sold the brown socks with the yellow band shut down from what I have heard.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I was joking about the socks, although I do need some. The guy in North Carolina that sold the brown socks with the yellow band shut down from what I have heard.

The hat on your dog is something I would purchase.
Love the hat.
Love the dog.
It is a smart combo!!

klein

Für Meno :)
Might be the last chance to purchase my Diamond Pendant. Having a couple over later today, and they offered $650.
I think they own a jewellery store the sounds of it. They are pretty much experts in appraising jewellery.

But, willing to sell it to a UPS'er for the same price, with shipping and insurance included.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Might be the last chance to purchase my Diamond Pendant. Having a couple over later today, and they offered $650.
I think they own a jewellery store the sounds of it. They are pretty much experts in appraising jewellery.

But, willing to sell it to a UPS'er for the same price, with shipping and insurance included.
Wait!! I'll give you the full $4000 that it's worth !!

klein

How do you know it's not a scam to rob you ???

Gee, I do live in a different country, we don't fear as much as you do.
Just sold my Yamaha Surround Sound System the other day. The couple is so happy with it, they want to by my new Sharp 3D wifi Aquois DVD Player now.

I don't need the $4000. Just want my money back that I paid for it with airmiles.

Maybe they'll buy my watches, too, once they see them ? I kind of hope so - they would make great xmas gifts or (if they do own a jewellery store), they could easily resell those items and make atleast 40% profit or more.

Pays my bills for now, anyways. I always think ahead :)

Anyways, heading back to Safeway here soon (my daily task), hope I win something, again :)

Last edited:

klein

They don't ! But, as far as I recall, they did put limitations on e-bay sellers.... once they hit a certain amount of sales, they get taxed.
I don't do much of it, I'm tax exempt :)

klein

Too bad you guys don't get a break on shipping with your employer.

No kidding !
The UPS Store I delivered and picked up on at a daily basis gave me a 25% discount, but if I sent something directly from the center... no discount at all !

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
You guys are surely aware that UPS and FDX make a killing on international shipments.
I get a HUGE break on international shipments. And, FDX is still making money on me. :greedy:

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I personally feel that this is a can of worms left unopened.

If I want to buy or sell something I go to eBay.

If I want to discuss issues related to UPS I go to Brown Cafe.

I agree with this.
I do think it's a good idea and maybe you should let it run for awhile but, the one thing that would concern me is that the seller and / or buyer ultimately have to give each other info. on their locations and / or addresses. Just not sure how many people on here want to reveal their location. :peaceful:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, I do live in a different country, we don't fear as much as you do.
Just sold my Yamaha Surround Sound System the other day. The couple is so happy with it, they want to by my new Sharp 3D wifi Aquois DVD Player now.

I don't need the $4000. Just want my money back that I paid for it with airmiles.

Maybe they'll buy my watches, too, once they see them ? I kind of hope so - they would make great xmas gifts or (if they do own a jewellery store), they could easily resell those items and make atleast 40% profit or more.

Pays my bills for now, anyways. I always think ahead :)

Anyways, heading back to Safeway here soon (my daily task), hope I win something, again :)
Ever hear of the Craig's List Killer?

"I always think ahead :)"
Well, not always.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I agree with this.
I do think it's a good idea and maybe you should let it run for awhile but, the one thing that would concern me is that the seller and / or buyer ultimately have to give each other info. on their locations and / or addresses. Just not sure how many people on here want to reveal their location. :peaceful:
Well, we know you're in Code 10 !!

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I am a member on some other forums that have a classifieds section. Though there have been a few problems here and there overall the experiences seem to have been good. Kind of like your own little flea market. There is no difference of sharing buyer/seller information than any other internet purchase.

klein

Ever hear of the Craig's List Killer?

"I always think ahead :)"
Well, not always.

Well, this potential buyer comes from a facebook ad.
I know she has 173 friends, lives in Edmonton, graduated in 1972, married... and didn't look much further into the site.
But, I must honestly say, I use facebook for my kijiji ads, too (simply enter the e-mail addy, and 9 out of 10 times, they have a fb account, and you can get more info there).

Pretty simple to look up people these days...

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I am a member on some other forums that have a classifieds section. Though there have been a few problems here and there overall the experiences seem to have been good. Kind of like your own little flea market. There is no difference of sharing buyer/seller information than any other internet purchase.

I am on a few other forums too and would have no problem giving out my address to people I correspond with. I may only be a newbie around here but, it sure seems to me that most people don't want their real identity and location known because of what people can say on here with anonymity. (sp?) I'm speaking about people on here complaining about work and worrying that work might have a spy on here looking to find out who certain posters are. That's all I'm talking about.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Sure.......and we are all in this together. We have something in common.....our jobs. I don't think a personal transaction will jeopardize the sanctity of the forum and who the members are.