Texting

raceanoncr

Not really other than i see ups vehicles drive up and down my street speeding, talking on their phones, texting. And now i find out my husband is one of them. We have a ton of kids in our neighborhood and seeing one of them getting hurt because someone was being irresponsible like that makes me wonder what could happen if he hit someone and hurt them.

Listen, cjg, I'm gonna come off this sounding like a jerk. So be it.

If this is true, I mean it when I say you have OTHER issues besides this.

If it is this important that you are seeking advice on a forum board then you MUST talk to him if you haven't done so already. You can't talk to him? Well.....I made my point. You DID talk to him?...and he still does this? You have got more important issues than his texting. And you know what I mean.

If he continues to ignore company policy, he's a maroon. If he continues to ignore state law, he's a maroon. If he continues to ignore federal law, he's a maroon.

We, on here, can't tell you WHAT to do...oh, sure, many WILL. We can SUGGEST what you should do but these suggestions are based on our own feelings or our own dealings in this regard. But, I'm telling you this: If you choose to ignore this, particular problem, and he DOES kill somebody or himself, can you live with that? Can you live with yourself, or him for that matter, if you "rat" on him to his superiors, with your, supposed proof?

One thing, trust me, if you do not do anything, and he is lucky and doesn't harm somebody, he WILL get caught...by the company. Then what? It depends. Termination, suspension, warning letter?

Carry on.

stink219

Yes you can be fired. You'll get your job back. But you can also pay a fine if caught. Federal Motor Carriers Safety Admin can impose a fine. They are the governing body that makes up the rules for commercial drivers.

Not sounding like a jerk at all!!! Yes there are another issue as well!!! If any person was killed by someone that was doing something so irresponsible and I knew about that situation I really don't think I could handle that. Not to mention be able to ever look at him again in the same way. If he can do that with just himself in the car what's he doing when he has our son. That's the real issue I suppose!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not sounding like a jerk at all!!! Yes there are another issue as well!!! If any person was killed by someone that was doing something so irresponsible and I knew about that situation I really don't think I could handle that. Not to mention be able to ever look at him again in the same way. If he can do that with just himself in the car what's he doing when he has our son. That's the real issue I suppose!!!

There is obviously more to this story than you are telling us.