"Thank You" Bonus For Retirees

Leftinbuilding

Another thread got me to thinking....if anyone deserves a bonus it should be the retirees. I think $1000.00 for each year served sounds about right. On our watch: UPS went nationwide....went worldwide....started NDA, later early AM's.....implemented DIAD.....began preload and local sorts......cashless cod's......lost "Day after Christmas" off......replaced the P400.....began replacing stick shifts.....power steering......bigger cars....implemented logistics.....started time commits......stopped TLA's, company parties and lastly, eliminated turkeys. I'll be watching the mail for my $36,000.00 check.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
According to management, you didn't do anything, you just followed directions. I think it was UPSSOCKS who said "We designed the house, you just laid the bricks on it, anyone can do that and you're not special"

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Another thread got me to thinking....if anyone deserves a bonus it should be the retirees. I think $1000.00 for each year served sounds about right. On our watch: UPS went nationwide....went worldwide....started NDA, later early AM's.....implemented DIAD.....began preload and local sorts......cashless cod's......lost "Day after Christmas" off......replaced the P400.....began replacing stick shifts.....power steering......bigger cars....implemented logistics.....started time commits......stopped TLA's, company parties and lastly, eliminated turkeys. I'll be watching the mail for my $36,000.00 check.

H*ll, I'd get 2k less than you, but I'd take it!:peaceful:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Try digging ditches or landscaping or roofing all day for half the pay. This job can be a challenge but it's nowhere near being the hardest job. People who genuinely believe that it's one of the the toughest jobs out there probably haven't done a whole lot else.

U

uber

This job takes awhile to get down. Once you got it down though its easy as pie. Unless of course you have a worthless preloader.

barnyard

KTM rider
Compared to milking cows, being a preloader, then a driver has been a piece of cake. Generally worked 13ish hour days, 7 days a week. Granted, there was a lunch break and sometimes a breakfast break, but during growing season, I usually worked from 6:15a - 7:30p. I knew lots of people that would go months without missing a milking.

Plus, the pay sucked.

rod

Retired 22 years
Compared to milking cows, being a preloader, then a driver has been a piece of cake. Generally worked 13ish hour days, 7 days a week. Granted, there was a lunch break and sometimes a breakfast break, but during growing season, I usually worked from 6:15a - 7:30p. I knew lots of people that would go months without missing a milking.

Plus, the pay sucked.

My hats off to dairy farmers--they are gluttons for punishment. My wife has relatives who are/were dairy farmers. I can't recall ever attending a family get together where her dairy farmer relatives didn't either arrived late or had to leave early because they had to milk the cows----7 days a week.

P.S. put me down for 30 grand. I could use another Harley.

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
In my 23 years I've simply emptied the truck of all of it's contents and filled it back up in a timely manner. Thankfully I don't have to take credit for some of the decisions I didn't make.

article22

Banned

your bonus is your nice big pension check and almost "free benefits" for life !!