The average day for a PT supervisor?

TxRoadDawg

average day hmm. print over 1000 pages of reports that only get looked at when the full timer knows the center manager is gonna chew his ass after the dm chewed the center manager's ass after the ops manager got some of the dm's ass, spend the rest of the day wondering why you ever bothered to go part time as people hired in after you go driving for 33 dollars an hour.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
That $3/hr might help right now, but you'll be receiving sub-$.30 raises/year rather than the $0.70-$1.00 raises a year a bargaining unit member would have. PT Supervisors also don't receive a pension (like PT'ers do) and have far inferior health benefits.

Also, chew on this: if they're asking guys with less than 3 months experience to go into supervision, why aren't the guys that have been there 5-10+ years jumping at it?

I've heard through the grapevine that UPS was starting PT sups who are essentially new hires at $18/hour. I thought it was BS but on my colleges' job search website, UPS is recruiting PT supervisors and lists the salary as "$18 to start, increasing up to $20 after 6 months." That's nearly double of what an hourly would make.

AndUPSER

I've also heard pt supervisors starting as high as $18 an hour at my hub. Well, two guys I know got promoted and are only making $14.70.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
18 an hour my ass unless your in a :censored2:hole like new york city

I definitely do not work in NYC or anything comparable.

This past spring a young girl who had just hired in went into PT supervision and soon after her two friends -- who had been here since peak -- joined her, telling others they were earning $18/hour. I snickered at it, but a UPS job posting on my college's career website very clearly lists PT supervision positions as starting at $18/hour. It really isn't any of my business what a PT supervisor makes, but a loader making $10/hour interested in management and being offered a PT supervisor position at $18/hour should really consider it, contrary to other advice.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hazmat recertification...in the beginning of the sort...they're cramming it down our throats...my PT sup hands me my Hazmat test. Tells me I have to do it now...don't touch another package till I finish. So, I ask....aren't we supposed to watch a video first (same as every year). I wanna get paid to watch it...friend them. No, we don't do that anymore...and he hands me a piece of paper with all the test answers...lol. Really? Wonder if they do that to the newbies too..

Hazmat recertification...in the beginning of the sort...they're cramming it down our throats...my PT sup hands me my Hazmat test. Tells me I have to do it now...don't touch another package till I finish. So, I ask....aren't we supposed to watch a video first (same as every year). I wanna get paid to watch it...friend them. No, we don't do that anymore...and he hands me a piece of paper with all the test answers...lol. Really? Wonder if they do that to the newbies too..
Write on the paper. "I was given the answer,no training given"

That will catch someone's attention!