The BBQ Squad

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dear Team Members,

Bravo Zulu and Ground is Good!! I've been taking some time off since the operation at the Mayo Clinic on my hands. You see, I have a tiny little weenis, so the good doctors transplanted one of my fingers to you know where, so now I've at least got something down there holding me down! Well, one of the side effects was also a cure for my Happy Hands!! Praise Jesus, a twofer for your Uncle Mattie!

You know, I've been hearing some troubling news about bad attitudes among some employees!! It's hard to believe that everyone isn't happy about industry-leading benefits, pay, and everything else we give you!! I look at what UPS gets, and what we give you, and it just makes me fill my pants with joy...because we are SO damn good to you!! And NO union dues!

Anyway, to help everyone at FedEx be happy, I've invented the BBQ Squad. Whenever we get reports of bad attitudes, a specially-trained staff of managers climb aboard Happy Hands 1, loaded down with all the cheap meat, soda, and chips that my Golden Gulfstream can carry!!!Sometimes, if you're really lucky, I come too!! They're on-call 24/7/365 and ready to come to you!

When they land, they head straight for your station and then get those new flat screens blasting with some of MT Hammer's Memphis funk and fun!! Golden parachute pants that match my jet, silver platform shoes with goldfish swimming inside the heels, and ME, ME, ME!! How could anyone be unhappy with that?

You get one hotdog, one can of soda, and one bag of chips, and if you're lucky you might win the contest for a brand-new uniform shirt and a "FedEx Cares" stuffed panda!

The BBQ Squad...coming at YOU!!

Too Cool4U,

MTHammer Matt

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Wow, I'd better crank my bad attitude up a notch 'cause I can almost taste one of those grilled soy burgers right now. Mmmm!

Doc Sorting Dude

Dear Team Members,

You get one hotdog, one can of soda, and one bag of chips, and if you're lucky you might win the contest for a brand-new uniform shirt Matt

In our station the "brand new shirt" comes from a pile where people were fired or let go for some reason. I saw one guy choose a shirt that had a hole where the stylus pen went. Manager probably had a bravo zulu bonus for putting off new uni's for this new crr.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In our station the "brand new shirt" comes from a pile where people were fired or let go for some reason. I saw one guy choose a shirt that had a hole where the stylus pen went. Manager probably had a bravo zulu bonus for putting off new uni's for this new crr.

We have a huge stockpile. I wonder what a new hire thinks when they have to sort through a bunch of used uniform items?

DontThrowPackages

Oh right. SFA time is here again. Donuts and BBQ will be back in fashion again. They might even spring for a food truck. The food budget seems to get larger this time of the year.:chef:

White Line

Oh wow it sounds like you are going all out this year, hotdog, chips and a soda, so will this replace the brown bagged granola bar, apple and bottled water that we usually get for trucker appreciation week?

P

prodriver

We have a huge stockpile. I wonder what a new hire thinks when they have to sort through a bunch of used uniform items?

They are thinking I'm glad to be able to go ahead and get a few days in before my new uniforms come in, in this economy FedEx is still a good job.

P

prodriver

FedEx isn't a good job in any economy. Stop kidding yourself.

It still starts out better than a lot of jobs, some people are happy to have a job especially the people that still have pride and don't want to live off govt. That being said it's not the job it used to be and won't be again.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Oh wow it sounds like you are going all out this year, hotdog, chips and a soda, so will this replace the brown bagged granola bar, apple and bottled water that we usually get for trucker appreciation week?
Truck Driver Appreciation Week quietly disappeared from Express several years ago. Not that it was ever anything to get all excited about anyway, it's just that now they don't even pretend.....truth be told, I prefer it this way

CJinx

Truck Driver Appreciation Week quietly disappeared from Express several years ago.
My station on the Ground side still does it. The station's safety committee is responsible for organizing it. We have at least one catered breakfast, one afternoon BBQ, and a few days of bagged lunches.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No, it isn't. But since you're the best they've got, what does that say about how "good" they are? You're a very unskilled shill.

You say it's not good enough for you, yet here you are, not going anywhere despite having plenty of options.

DontThrowPackages

59dan will be happy to know, whenever I'm asked by some kid about getting on with the company, I set them straight. He can take the credit for, maybe, 5 future quits so far this year.....I hope he'll get credit for them at least.