The Big Brown Oven On Wheels!

BrownPR215

What Can Brown Do To You!
Today has to be the hottest tempurature I've ever delivered in. It was a whopping 98 degrees here in Philly, with the heat index it was near 110. I know its pointless to have an a/c with as many stops we do but a small fan like the postal trucks would be nice. My head felt to small for my brain. The vents in our package cars suck! :hot:

cino321

Oh i was drenched, at the point where it's disgusting. It was hard to set up, even the shelves were burning hot, steering wheel, everything.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I know I'm old but you guys should be thankful you can wear shorts now! Back when I started we had double seated wool pants! I carryed a insulated gallon jug of water to stay hydrated. Some days I had to refill it twice depending on the trip. I usually would try to find some shade to park the Oven while on lunch.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I believe it is the contract,if you ask your mechanic they have to get you one. I myself don't like them. All the dirt roads get blown directly in your face. May be ok if you have a city route. I also picked the right week to be off.

H

hseofpayne

Since were on this subject, does anybody install fans or anything of that nature in there trucks? If so, where?
I drive a P700, had the mechanic install a power converter under dash on side of car where battery is located. I connect the clamps to the battery and then I can plug in whatever I want; fan can be mounted on dash of p700 w/o getting in the way. Some guys use the converter to run their radios too. Oh, and I bought the converter myself, manager prefered let mechanic install.I

SteveOUPS

Me and my helper.
Why no A/C ??? We have heat in the winter and we keep the doors shut. Why can we not keep the doors shut in the summer with A/C. Fedex new trucks have A/C. My personal vehicle has A/C. The tractors all have A/C. Management's Office has A/C. WHY no A/C ??? Because this company, UPS, absolutely HATES its delivery drivers. Thats the only reason that makes sense to me!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
I know I'm old but you guys should be thankful you can wear shorts now! Back when I started we had double seated wool pants! I carryed a insulated gallon jug of water to stay hydrated. Some days I had to refill it twice depending on the trip. I usually would try to find some shade to park the Oven while on lunch.

Now that brought back some memories- mostly bad ones though. Other than the day I retired the second best day I ever had at UPS was the day they finally lets us wear shorts. THANK YOU one more time Teamsters Union.:peaceful:

mittam

I cant imagine in the south and the west how hot it must be. Here in southwest Ohio our trucks are around 150 in th ebackend. I carry a meat thermometer to see just how hot it gets. The fan just blows all the hot air at you and like previous poster all the dirt also.My response to "hot enough for ya" is not yet!

Cementups

Box Monkey
Today has to be the hottest tempurature I've ever delivered in. It was a whopping 98 degrees here in Philly, with the heat index it was near 110. I know its pointless to have an a/c with as many stops we do but a small fan like the postal trucks would be nice. My head felt to small for my brain. The vents in our package cars suck! :hot:

You must be new then if this is the hottest day you have ever delivered. It gets hotter. We haave a driver that calls off anytime it gets above 90, especially when the humidity is 90% like it was the last few days. The thing that bothers me the most is my feet are friend---in' hot in my new shoes.

satellitedriver

I'm not sure which is worse, the heat itself or all of the idiots who ask you, "Hot enough for ya?"
My pet peeve, also. My standard reply is no,( while I am drenched in sweat delivering their packages).
I just smile and say, "Lets kick it up another 10 more degrees and weed out the wimps".
They just smile back at me and stay in the A/C, while I go back to my pkg car.