The FairTax

BigBrownSanta

Nothing wrong with ebay.

Although I don't do ebay, I was not knocking ebay. If this fair tax idea were to ever take off though, I would have to invest there. ;)

What does the fair tax say about cash transactions? I think alot of people would pay cash to avoid the paper trail and avoid the taxes altogether. IMO, It will never pass because the government will lose too much control over it's revenue.

S

speeddemon

You people need to read the book or listen to the audio. I highly recommend it. Again, the ONLY tax you would pay is a consumption sales tax ONLY to be payed one time on NEW items. Its very simple people. Get out of the brainwash our government wants you in. I am going to contact Mr. Boortz and see if its OK if I share my audio book with some of you. If he OK's it. Ill get it to you.

JustTired

free at last.......
After some thinking about it (and no...haven't read the book), I would be OK with it as long as everything is taxed regardless of whether it is for personal or business use.

You would think the government would be all over this. Especially considering that manufacturing jobs are going away and incomes are declining, leaving less to tax.

This tax can not be good for "big business". Otherwise government would be singing its' praises. As long as corporate America controls government, it will never happen.

I'm with those that state that the huge "cottage industry" that will develop out of this will be the market for "like new" items that avoids the tax alltogether. Their store will right next to and twice as big as any Walmart. Of course, they'll have us on food items (unless you like to dumpster dive!).

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
I love this thread. Great discussion. What is this book you keep refering to. Did i miss the title of it somewhere or am i just blind. I would love to read it.

S

speeddemon

Amazon.com: The FairTax Book: Saying Goodbye to the Income Tax and the IRS: Neal Boortz, John Linder: Books