The Government Can!

[quote="wkmac, post: 1416177, member: 2189"
131002_Government_Workers_t618.jpg
[/quote]
Postal worker, park ranger, baby boomer?

wkmac

Brownecho,

Not sure what happened to your post showing a pic of Fatal Invention but I'll respond anyway. Interesting looking book. I've not read or heard of it but I will say the title makes sense as extension of 19th century progressivism and race eugenics. This thinking was popular among wealthy Anglo Americans but also social progressives of wealth and means. I don't think it died but rather got hidden in plain site behind other names in the 20th century.

These systems and ideas are the means on which the masses are kept at bay to protect the sons of fortune.

Habit is thus the enormous flywheel of society, its most precious conservative agent. It alone is what keeps us all within the bounds of ordinance, and saves the children of fortune from the envious uprisings of the poor.

William James

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Brownecho,

Not sure what happened to your post showing a pic of Fatal Invention but I'll respond anyway. Interesting looking book. I've not read or heard of it but I will say the title makes sense as extension of 19th century progressivism and race eugenics. This thinking was popular among wealthy Anglo Americans but also social progressives of wealth and means. I don't think it died but rather got hidden in plain site behind other names in the 20th century.

These systems and ideas are the means on which the masses are kept at bay to protect the sons of fortune.
6a00d8341c03bb53ef013485580d9b970c-pi

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Armored Vehicle Used to Collect Zoning Violation Judgment From 75-Year-Old Man

When officials in the tiny Town of Stettin in Marathon County [Wisconsin] went to collect a civil judgment from 75-year-old Roger Hoeppner this month, they sent 24 armed officers.

And an armored military vehicle.
Stettin is a large suburban Township, with a population of 2500 .

Marathon County sheriff’s officials aren’t apologizing for their tactics. Sheriff’s Capt. Greg Bean said officials expected to have to seize and remove tractors and wooden pallets to pay the judgment — hence the cadre of deputies. He also said what while Hoeppner was never considered dangerous, he was known to be argumentative.
Hoeppner said when he noticed deputies outside his house, he called his attorney, Ryan Lister of Wausau. Lister said he quickly left for Hoeppner’s house but was stopped by a roadblock that was kept up until after his client had been taken away in handcuffs. “Rather than provide Mr. Hoeppner or his counsel notice…and attempt to collect without spending thousands of taxpayer dollars on the military-style maneuvers, the town unilaterally decided to enforce its civil judgment” with a show of force, Lister said.

Bean said deputies had to handcuff Hoeppner because he was not following all their instructions, but did eventually agree to pay the $80,000 judgment after a visit to a bank — accompanied by deputies.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Armored Vehicle Used to Collect Zoning Violation Judgment From 75-Year-Old Man

When officials in the tiny Town of Stettin in Marathon County [Wisconsin] went to collect a civil judgment from 75-year-old Roger Hoeppner this month, they sent 24 armed officers.
http://moonbattery.com/?p=51945
And an armored military vehicle.
Stettin is a large suburban Township, with a population of 2500 .
Marathon County sheriff’s officials aren’t apologizing for their tactics. Sheriff’s Capt. Greg Bean said officials expected to have to seize and remove tractors and wooden pallets to pay the judgment — hence the cadre of deputies. He also said what while Hoeppner was never considered dangerous, he was known to be argumentative.
Hoeppner said when he noticed deputies outside his house, he called his attorney, Ryan Lister of Wausau. Lister said he quickly left for Hoeppner’s house but was stopped by a roadblock that was kept up until after his client had been taken away in handcuffs. “Rather than provide Mr. Hoeppner or his counsel notice…and attempt to collect without spending thousands of taxpayer dollars on the military-style maneuvers, the town unilaterally decided to enforce its civil judgment” with a show of force, Lister said.

Bean said deputies had to handcuff Hoeppner because he was not following all their instructions, but did eventually agree to pay the $80,000 judgment after a visit to a bank — accompanied by deputies.

Good, another tax dodger gets what he deserves.

TOS.