The Local 767 Thread

Island

While I was searching up some old grievances I came upon this rant from 12 years ago regarding corruption at the 767 Hall and the resulting slap on the wrist which the local's membership actually took on behalf of the officers. It's intriguing to trace the utter mismanagement these past years.
I also came across a union guide for grievance hearings in my research which incidentally got my attention. It said specifically that BAs and stewards are never allowed to drop one grievance in order to win another as some sort of settlement. Oddly enough that happens all the time in 767, as I can personally vouch.
Anyway I've been letting some people know at DFW that a new building is on the way and that we should keep things solid from day 1 at the new building. I'm not sure what our chances are of getting a good union operation running but I am trying to be optimistic despite our complete lack of organizers' participation in anything whatsoever.

outta hours

....................The sound of silence. It's sad Island you are trying so hard to continue this thread. But no one is reading or responding. Echo echo echo.

I didn't see you speak up at the last meeting to have any of your concerns addressed.Or to offer your assistance in fixing the myriad of problems that you claim exist. How come ? Oh well maybe next month, but probably not. It's much easier to sit on the sideline doing nothing ,taking shots at those who actually DO something for our local & it's members.

Island

It's stupid to keep asking me to tell you why I don't go to meetings. Also I don't really care if I'm not having replies, this is an informational thread first and foremost and a discussion second.
Please, keep deluding yourself that everyone has a perfect job and the local is run by angels.

Feeders101

While I was searching up some old grievances I came upon this rant from 12 years ago regarding corruption at the 767 Hall and the resulting slap on the wrist which the local's membership actually took on behalf of the officers. It's intriguing to trace the utter mismanagement these past years.
I also came across a union guide for grievance hearings in my research which incidentally got my attention. It said specifically that BAs and stewards are never allowed to drop one grievance in order to win another as some sort of settlement. Oddly enough that happens all the time in 767, as I can personally vouch.
Anyway I've been letting some people know at DFW that a new building is on the way and that we should keep things solid from day 1 at the new building. I'm not sure what our chances are of getting a good union operation running but I am trying to be optimistic despite our complete lack of organizers' participation in anything whatsoever.
We had a chance to change leadership a few years ago. They control the voting list. If you really want a change. Change your bylaws.

Island

We had a chance to change leadership a few years ago. They control the voting list. If you really want a change. Change your bylaws.
You're right about that. While I would like change to happen, I don't think that there's going to be any major push by a large group of members. A few of us have talked about it and most of us agree that we would stand behind whoever wanted to lead that kind of effort but none of us are interested in leading it and I don't know if there's anyone who would. But if there was someone who wanted to swarm the meetings with a mass of unified voters with a mind to make some demands, maybe he or she will read this and get some ideas.

outta hours

You're right about that. While I would like change to happen, I don't think that there's going to be any major push by a large group of members. A few of us have talked about it and most of us agree that we would stand behind whoever wanted to lead that kind of effort but none of us are interested in leading it and I don't know if there's anyone who would. But if there was someone who wanted to swarm the meetings with a mass of unified voters with a mind to make some demands, maybe he or she will read this and get some ideas.

So none of you are interested in being a leader huh ? That is no surprise to me. Most people are afraid to be leaders. Too much opportunity for your every move to be scrutinized. Not to mention the hard work that goes into it as well. So much easier to be an anonymous malcontent ,and that's so productive. I'll leave you and the other 2 or 3 user names you have registered to yourself alone in here.

But remember if you really want to help your fellow Teamster brothers and sisters, I still encourage you to get involved with your local. And offer your assistance in whatever capacity you can to help improve 767. Instead of complaining about what you don't like about it , without any effort on your part to change it for the better. And remember this :To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Island

To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
You're right, every single one of us could lead a local and has the knowledge to do so, and is willing to invest the time and energy and not to mention staking a public image - being a local prez is a job any average joe could do.
And, you're right that I have multiple profiles registered just so I can agree with myself. And that all of my points are invalid just because I don't want to run my head into a brick wall over and over, which is what it's like when you're one person trying to change a corrupt system. Obviously I should just run my face into that wall because that's completely productive.
April fool's day! The truth is you're a huge internet troll and I'm pretty tired of listening to your utter lack of logic and reasoning. If you had gone to a decent high school maybe you'd understand what logic is but like most Americans you did not and you do not and you're going to probably continue to troll this thread. Because you know nothing.
Nothing.
I, for one, find plenty of productivity in sharing information. While I don't want to run for any office I do want to keep providing information for other people who may want to, which I've already said. So your arguments, if you can call them that, are still just as stupid and repetitive as they have always been. Go back to your feeder truck where there's no one around to tell you that you're full of hot air. Honestly if I made feeder cash I wouldn't want anything to change either. friend everyone else, I got dolla dolla billz, mad dolla billz yo, and while I'm at it I'll go troll a forum.

Island

Who are "they" and what voting list are you refering to?
I believe the reference is to the local's leadership. After the last election they blacklisted anyone affiliated with the Members First slate. There is quite a bit of documentation available about the recent election wherein the local pulled off all manner of bullhockey to hamstring their opposition, even such childish behavior as cutting off the microphone during their speeches. Seriously, it's like our local is run by 12-year old boys pretending they run the mob.

Island

Back to 767 discussion- it has come to my attention that there are a few other hubs around the country that have load quality rivaling that of Mesquite. Related to that discussion is this thread http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/is-your-hub-as-screwed-up-as-mine.248981/ . It's not that I hope to comfort myself to know other hubs are also trainwrecks but if Mesquite is truly the worst hub then the question must be, why has management allowed it to happen? A weak union, like the one that provides for Mesquite, is one thing, but weak management is quite another.
If any of you personally observe feeders coming out of Mesquite you're probably aware of the gross misconduct and violation of DOT regulation. I have personally been in some Mesquite trucks that would cost the company a few million in fines had TX DOT inspected them.
If you don't know much about Mesquite, there's some threads here on Browncafe about the 767's worst hub: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...-hub-a-scarier-place-to-work-everyday.354592/
http://www.browncafe.com/community/...rces-evacuation-of-mesquite-ups-center.352259
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/any-insight-in-dallas-backlog.353933
related to the backlog thread is the thread about the amazon clusterf*, which led directly to The Great North Texas UPS Service Failure of Peak 2013, which is largely connected to the problems in Mesquite http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/all-drivers-will-work-thursday.354118/
Some of the peak stories about people whose packages were delayed a full month (because they were already late; UPS only moved packages that recently entered the system, to try to preserve the commitments to the most people and delay some people until the middle of January, rather than doing things in order and delaying everyone a few days) can be read here on Yelp, in the reviews http://www.yelp.com/biz/ups-mesquite
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/supervisor-in-dallas-tx-found-dead-in-office.354463
We all know what it's like when clerks fail, let me show you one of the legendary Mesquite clerk failures http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/the-package-from-hell.339300/
An employee story from 2007. Mesquite has only become worse since then, as our total area volume has increased quite a bit http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/smalls-causing-big-problems.102688/
Evidently the lack of management skills even goes as far as employees taking vacations whenever they want. While this is not contractually legal, if it is standard practice then it can be grieved when a person doesn't get paid for their spontaneous vacation. Now I can say from experience that in these cases our local backs down from the argument and surrenders the grievance but if this were other parts of the country, the union would be all too happy to get penalty money for the nonsense described here http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/no-check-for-vacation.271274/

It is my continuing hope that the new buildings in North Texas will help Mesquite and the other hubs to suck less. I invite any Mesquite folks to share stories, information is power

Inthegame

I believe the reference is to the local's leadership. After the last election they blacklisted anyone affiliated with the Members First slate. There is quite a bit of documentation available about the recent election wherein the local pulled off all manner of bullhockey to hamstring their opposition, even such childish behavior as cutting off the microphone during their speeches. Seriously, it's like our local is run by 12-year old boys pretending they run the mob.
And what do you mean by "blacklisting"?

Island

I mean their grievances are put at the bottom of the pile, anytime they speak up at meetings they get treated badly, for the ones who weren't already stewards (and those stewards were removed) they are barred from stewardship. Really, the hall will have nothing to do with them

outta hours

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not trolling the forum, I'm a 767 member. Have been for a long time.Just as I have been a member on this forum for a long time, longer than you by far. Check the archives. Oh and I appreciate your dignified respectful replies. Sounds like you have very high intellect. Ha ha. Thanks for proving my point about what your really after. You are just trying to find someone who will agree with you and your rhetoric. My advice would be to have someone knowledgable help you craft a better opener to this thread. Anyone who reads the first post on this topic that you wrote,realizes what type of uneducated person is responsible for such a poorly written post. Find a college graduate like me and your structure, grammar ,& communication will be much better.

One final comment on your defeated Members First slate from 2009. I never saw them at meetings or getting involved with the Local before they ran , haven't seen them since they lost either. Sounds like they should have been called Me First Slate instead. Appears they were in in only for themselves, not the members. Funny how people show what they are really all about when the chips are down.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Unskilledhub

This thread is a valid realm of thought, 2023
Still shows some of the same concerns. There have been more combo jobs, and 22.4s, as we all hasn’t been executed properly.