The new pal is now a CHIP

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The repercussion is that they make you drive around and deliver them. But sometimes if you send in one late in the day they will also yell at you for not communicating it sooner. For a while they were making us all sort our whole trucks at 1400 to search for misloads but they gave up on that pretty quickly…
I have to do that anyways when dispatcher puts add cut on shelf 7 8 even when you get there around 11AM

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I was wondering what happens when they just put a new PAL label over the old one.

What happens if it's a Miss PAL... is the RFID scanner going to show two different addresses on the same box?
I ripped one off yesterday and the entire chip part of the label stuck to the box. Came right off the sticker. Wonder if it still worked. This will be a nightmare.

TheDick

This new tech should never be deployed when it's still an experiment. Granted I've seen these tags in jcpennys to stop shoplifting and inventory control. For us however this wireless tech added to the pkg cars is too much wireless inside a car for it to work right. Cuz it doesn't work, they left the beepers off so the preloaders dont get desensitized And the RFID labels cost 7c apiece vs the old labels 1c apiece.

This new tech should never be deployed when it's still an experiment. Granted I've seen these tags in jcpennys to stop shoplifting and inventory control. For us however this wireless tech added to the pkg cars is too much wireless inside a car for it to work right. Cuz it doesn't work, they left the beepers off so the preloaders dont get desensitized And the RFID labels cost 7c apiece vs the old labels 1c apiece.
$10 for a roll or 2500 versus $91 a for a roll of 2300

Brownwind

Luv delivering them, easy money
They are selective about what we deliver. They tried threatening us a few months back that we had to deliver them if we found them after the cutoff. I called their bluff. They made me deliver it and hours later it ended up being a refused delivery. Haven’t delivered one since.
Easy money no more. Bummer

TheDick

$10 for a roll or 2500 versus $91 a for a roll of 2300
Was told there's only a couple factories in North America that make these and they aren't putting us at the front of the line. My PT sups don't even bother checking for misloads before preload scans last pkg. Zero fux given for the guinea pig software.

Love the interview she gave about RFID and automating the unload. If each unloader did 400pph the RFID can keep.up. But what's your unloaders pph per trailer? Double that?

BobJ

PT supes come through and scan the load with their little RFID guns. Doesn’t really help find misloads when the PAL is on the wrong package.
I've discussed this with management and they have no clue how any of it works. Drivers said they haven't been told anything. Mentioned this exact scenario.

Drivers and clerks just stack PAL labels over each other even on packages that have been address corrected. Tried looking for a scanner in the office to try it out but they lock them up.

Brownwind

Was told there's only a couple factories in North America that make these and they aren't putting us at the front of the line. My PT sups don't even bother checking for misloads before preload scans last pkg. Zero fux given for the guinea pig software.

Love the interview she gave about RFID and automating the unload. If each unloader did 400pph the RFID can keep.up. But what's your unloaders pph per trailer? Double that?
I’m an old man and the 400 pph is attainable by the slowest of slow. A pup I rip through sleep walking in about 40 minutes. A 53 in about 75 minutes solo. The system is not accurate when it comes to productivity. We don’t judge based on it but realistically the scanner doesn’t know the difference. The tags are only as good as the sticker clicker

GenericUsername

I was wondering what happens when they just put a new PAL label over the old one.

What happens if it's a Miss PAL... is the RFID scanner going to show two different addresses on the same box?
Each day's PAL is loaded in and the system only looks for the new PAL. The old one becomes irrelevant and wouldn't be scanned as a misload.

JL 0513

We've had these for a couple of months and we still get misloads. 🙄 The obvious problem is that they can't scan every truck after preload wraps so they scan throughout the last half hour or so. A lot of loading happens after.

TheDick

Agreed a kid Cando 700pph but our dear leader doesn't like the fact the robots do 400pph. She'd like 600ph to au5omate the unload.

Brownwind

Agreed a kid Cando 700pph but our dear leader doesn't like the fact the robots do 400pph. She'd like 600ph to au5omate the unload.
I’m going to sleep late and probably rip through 900 pph tomorrow. We aren’t under productive standards.
Seriously though I’m in my fifties and unloading a trailer is Childs play. Stop comparing unloading to loading.

Loading trucks should be twice the pay. It’s a difficult job just keeping up. Wow those kids work hard