The "New" UPS - Scott Davis CEO - vs.- The 2013 Teamsters

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
That's reassuring.

Never underestimate the stupidity of a CEO, but it would be stunning, shocking, unbelievable and all of that if a strike happened. Put it to you this way: Hoffa is our president. The same Hoffa who went on CNN in '97 while we were walking the picket lines, to say that we should never have gone on strike. Look at that any way you want, both good and bad, but as sure as your compass points north, we will be working the first day of August. UPS has too much money invested in Hoffa for him to send us on strike. He wouldn't do them wrong. Keep saving money, but plan a nice Caribbean vacation with that money. I've got Belize for February.

The Milkman

:goodpost:
Sadly the UPS we old timers remember, is gone. All that matters is dividend, and the bonuses that Management receive from our, YES OUR hard work. Low level managers are number pushers, and they get on our ass' if "their" numbers are not good. It all rolls down. What I don't understand is why the hell do they insist on treating us so badly, when if they would treat us with respect, dignity, like some one's father, mother, son & daughter (just like actual people, not referring to being related to them) they, the Company would most likely get employees that come to work smiling, happy, ready for another day, actually looking forward to anything other than friday. However, they insist on threatening, harassing, intimidation,coercion, discrimination, lying , ETC. With management treating us like this, we go to work grumpy, not smiling, short with customers, and just down right pissed at the world. Customers see it, they are not stupid. However we can not make ill comments towards the company due to policy, when I go to the Doctor and he wonders why my blood pressure is so high, not able to sleep, chronic fatigue,depression, anxiety, ETC, I tell my Doctors & therapist the truth about how I am treated at UPS. All have had the same comment " wow I thought UPS was a good company to work for, guess not." They will never get it. Scott Davis should change his name to Gordon Gekko !!!!!

:youreright:

J

jibbs

Never underestimate the stupidity of a CEO, but it would be stunning, shocking, unbelievable and all of that if a strike happened. Put it to you this way: Hoffa is our president. The same Hoffa who went on CNN in '97 while we were walking the picket lines, to say that we should never have gone on strike. Look at that any way you want, both good and bad, but as sure as your compass points north, we will be working the first day of August. UPS has too much money invested in Hoffa for him to send us on strike. He wouldn't do them wrong. Keep saving money, but plan a nice Caribbean vacation with that money. I've got Belize for February.

I just want to be prepared, at least mentally, for anything in the near future. I'd love to get a raise, more hours and retain free health benefits but I can't ignore all this other talk I'm hearing about if negotiations go/keep going poorly.

Bad Gas!

Hey guys, on the subject of a strike mentioned a few posts above mine in this thread, if we were to go on strike, what are the chances, if any, of being fired as a result? I realize a strike could lead to a loss of employment due to possibly crippling the company financially, but is it viable for UPS to fire a Teamster simply because he chose to participate in a picket line?

I'm just curious. I realize this probably isn't the best place for the question but I didn't feel like it warranted a thread of it's own and I'm really unfamiliar to the nuances of how unions work and their precise relationship with an employer/industry.[/QU.The only ones let go in '97 were the ones who attacked the scabs with violence or even heavy harrashment..

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The Air Traffic controllers were fired because as gov. workers,you were not allowed to strike !! I think that's crazy being a union member and not allowed to strike ,but that was the law and Reagan followed it and also gave them a chance to work it out ...

upsset

Was retaliation by firing also written in the air traffic controllers contract back in Reagan times?

The difference between the ATC strike and us choosing to strike is that we have a contractual right to strike and ATC as an essential goverment service has a no strike clause in their contract.

upsset

We are all being forced to work crazy overtime so build your self a strike fund just in case. Put some of that forced overtime in the bank and file your 9.5 grievances and add that in your fund too. Don't put yourself in the position financially where you can't vote no if it is necessary.

A

anonymous6

the beatings and harassment has virtually stopped or considerably slowed in my hub lately.

what does that tell you?

balland chain

That tell's me to refer to my memory, cause I will NEVER forget the harassment and abuse by the hands of UPS low level management. Dont fall for their charade! Once the contract is voted in, they will be back to their old ways!! A big NO vote from me..

balland chain

ATC's also make a boat load of cash. A friend of mine is one. They work 40 hours a week, paid lunch break, numerous paid breaks throughout their day, yeah it may be somewhat stressful of a job, but when you are threatened daily, not to mention being watched all day long, your work performance critiqued, and now all the now B**smile* at UPS , it is a very stressful job as well. ATC's in my opinion have it made. They also have a union that does not allow such games that UPS gets away with.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The EMPIRE still holds animosity over us from the last strike in 97,they thought by taking away our free hot dogs,soup,coffee and a company picnic would hurt us,but I could care less! I just want to be treated like a decent worker and pay me !!