The RIP Thread

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Couple weeks shy of 50 years broadcasting rock in Boston, WAAF was sold this week. The new format on the frequency is Contemporary Christian music.

RIP WAAF
Lost interest in that station years ago, but what a shock when I heard about the sale.

The news had a segment about their last day.

I think it was Mistress Carrie, interviewing Tom Hamilton. By the look of him, it won't be long before he will be a post in this thread as well.

wrecker

Lost interest in that station years ago, but what a shock when I heard about the sale.

The news had a segment about their last day.

I think it was Mistress Carrie, interviewing Tom Hamilton. By the look of him, it won't be long before he will be a post in this thread as well.

Seriously. He looks like a frail elderly woman.

Method Mensch

Couple weeks shy of 50 years broadcasting rock in Boston, WAAF was sold this week. The new format on the frequency is Contemporary Christian music.

RIP WAAF
Just what Boston needs to round out the two country stations in the area. We can all start wearing cowboy boots and hats and going to all the hipster hoedowns in the financial district. We could follow it up with a Sunday pig roast on The Boston Common right after attending our favorite megachurch. And we thought that it was illegal immigrants pouring across the southern border and coopting our culture that we had to worry about .

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Just what Boston needs to round out the two country stations in the area. We can all start wearing cowboy boots and hats and going to all the hipster hoedowns in the financial district. We could follow it up with a Sunday pig roast on The Boston Common right after attending our favorite megachurch. And we thought that it was illegal immigrants pouring across the southern border and coopting our culture that we had to worry about .
It could be worse. The best alternative radio station in Washington, DC was replaced by a Spanish language station years ago. It was a sad, sad day in the Nation’s Capital.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yup, sad day. DC101 claims to be DC's "alternative rock" station now but it just seems like pop to me, nothing like WHFS was.
I used to love WHFS because you could always count on them playing the music no other station would play. Plus, the HFStivals seemed to be pretty awesome. I never made it to one though.

rod

Retired 22 years
Most of the groups sound like crap when you hear them live now days. Who can forget the Black Eyed Peas at the Super Bowl. Pure junk.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
jveXshaedRsu.gif