The RIP Thread

rod

Retired 22 years
Having taken care of a cemetery for about 12 years now I've seen how the "kids" take care of mom and dads burial site. The bottom line is after the first year ----they don't.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2017-10-2_7-18-0.png

moreluck

golden ticket member
Having taken care of a cemetery for about 12 years now I've seen how the "kids" take care of mom and dads burial site. The bottom line is after the first year ----they don't.
We have niches at Pacific View Memorial Park ....not a lot of maintenance.

rod

Retired 22 years
We have niches at Pacific View Memorial Park ....not a lot of maintenance.

Half of me is going to the family plot cemetery and half to the local VA cemetery. The VA cemeteries are always maintained immaculately. My wife as an uncle whos ashes are scattered in about 10 different places from his homestead to his hunting camp to favorite vacation places. One thing I could never understand is why someone would keep a urn full of ashes on a fireplace mantel or bookshelf or even in the back of a closet. To each his own I guess.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Scatter my ashes all over the Mojave!!!

The niches.....with an ocean view...... were gifts to us from a friend. Corona Del Mar is kinda fancy, but I can work it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Half of me is going to the family plot cemetery and half to the local VA cemetery. The VA cemeteries are always maintained immaculately. My wife as an uncle whos ashes are scattered in about 10 different places from his homestead to his hunting camp to favorite vacation places. One thing I could never understand is why someone would keep a urn full of ashes on a fireplace mantel or bookshelf or even in the back of a closet. To each his own I guess.
My friend had a aunt who died. They found two urns in the house that went in the dumpster.

rod

Retired 22 years
My friend had a aunt who died. They found two urns in the house that went in the dumpster.

That's what usually happens eventually to urns that are kept by family. Sometimes they even make it to the grandkids before being tossed.