The RIP Thread

rod

Retired 22 years
Exactly ... my wife included except she doesn't buy off the street.
Doctor continues to prescribe but I dispense and keep them locked in a safe!
Luckily I don't care for them and scared s:censored2:tless of them ... with good reason.
How long are they effective. A friend of mine has several bottles of them he has acquired over the years.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
...and you have patients "doctor shopping" to try to find one who is fast and loose with the Rx pad...
That has been eliminated in Georgia as all Rx for opioids go into a centralized database.
Pharmacies have to check and if an Rx shows up not from your PCP, the PCP has to approve which doesn’t happen.
You could go to another state I guess.

rod

Retired 22 years
That has been eliminated in Georgia as all Rx for opioids go into a centralized database.
Pharmacies have to check and if an Rx shows up not from your PCP, the PCP has to approve which doesn’t happen.
Florida used to be THE easy state to go to for opioids. 60 Minutes did a segment on that a few years ago. They had Doctors there who did NOTHING but write prescriptions.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't bother coming to New York as they do the same----they have also mandated electronic prescriptions.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that 67,367 people died of opioid overdoses in 2018.

Key findings
Data from the National Vital Statistics System, Mortality
  • In 2018, there were 67,367 drug overdose deaths in the United States, a 4.1% decline from 2017 (70,237 deaths).
  • The age-adjusted rate of drug overdose deaths in 2018 (20.7 per 100,000) was 4.6% lower than in 2017 (21.7).
  • For 14 states and the District of Columbia, the drug overdose death rate was lower in 2018 than in 2017.
  • The rate of drug overdose deaths involving synthetic opioids other than methadone (drugs such as fentanyl, fentanyl analogs, and tramadol) increased by 10%, from 9.0 in 2017 to 9.9 in 2018.
  • From 2012 through 2018, the rate of drug overdose deaths involving cocaine more than tripled (from 1.4 to 4.5) and the rate for deaths involving psychostimulants with abuse potential (drugs such as methamphetamine) increased nearly 5-fold (from 0.8 to 3.9).
Deaths from drug overdose continue to contribute to mortality in the United States. This report uses the most recent data from the National Vital Statistics System (NVSS) to update trends in drug overdose deaths for all drugs and for specific drugs and drug types, and to identify changes in rates by state from 2017 to 2018.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
And here's another one ...

‘The Flash’ star Logan Williams
When “The Flash” actor Logan Williams died suddenly April 2 at 16, he was mourned by many who never knew his cause of death.

Now, in an exclusive interview with The Post, his mother, Marlyse Williams, reveals that preliminary toxicology results show Logan died of a fentanyl overdose, following a three-year battle with addiction.

After years of dealing with her son’s devastating secret, Marlyse says she’s now determined to bring awareness to the opioid epidemic.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that 67,367 people died of opioid overdoses in 2018.

upload_2020-5-15_19-28-10.png

oldngray

nowhere special
Fred Willard, comedian and star of Modern Family, Best in Show dies at 86

Fred Willard, the prolific actor and comedian known for his appearances on Modern Family and Everybody Loves Raymond and in Christopher Guest's many mockumentaries, has died. He was 86.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BB14bnrH.img?h=1066&w=1598&m=6&q=60&o=friend&l=friend&x=976&y=477

He was in a ton of stuff. He was really good at playing the straight man in comedies.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Fred Willard, comedian and star of Modern Family, Best in Show dies at 86

Fred Willard, the prolific actor and comedian known for his appearances on Modern Family and Everybody Loves Raymond and in Christopher Guest's many mockumentaries, has died. He was 86.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BB14bnrH.img?h=1066&w=1598&m=6&q=60&o=friend&l=friend&x=976&y=477
Another funny guy gone in a weeks time,I really liked watching him in Everybody Loves Raymond.