The RIP Thread

JJinVA

More young people die at 27 -28 than any other time. Don't know why but that is just the way it is. If you can make it past 28 you can sail until you reach your 50's. The 50's are hard on people too (lots of heart attacks and suicides). If you live past your 50's you can sail into your 70's with ease--usually. After that all bets are off :-)

Ive always looked at guys who were in their 80's and said to myself, "Do I REALLY want to e that guy? Stumbling around crapping/pissing my pants?" I think if I died in my late 50's early 60's Id be at peace with it. When I was younger I couldnt wait to see what the future had in store. I was very optimistic. Now Im so beyond pessimistic about the future that I dont give a heckin frig to see it

rod

Retired 22 years
Ive always looked at guys who were in their 80's and said to myself, "Do I REALLY want to e that guy? Stumbling around crapping/pissing my pants?" I think if I died in my late 50's early 60's Id be at peace with it. When I was younger I couldnt wait to see what the future had in store. I was very optimistic. Now Im so beyond pessimistic about the future that I dont give a heckin frig to see it
I know guys who are in their 50's would look and act like warmed over death. I also know a couple of 80 year olds you would swear were in their 40's. I am also like you in the fact I wouldn't want to hang around if I wasn't capable of doing what I like to do.

Shiftless

I know guys who are in their 50's would look and act like warmed over death. I also know a couple of 80 year olds you would swear were in their 40's. I am also like you in the fact I wouldn't want to hang around if I wasn't capable of doing what I like to do.

Isn't that the truth! I play with Hot Rod's and Motorcycles as a hobby and hang with young (40's and up) and old (oldest will be 85) as we speak, going to Hot Rod Friday Lunch here shortly with 20 plus of them.

There is is such a wide range of cognitive and physical abilities that comes with aging. My outlook is those that stay busy both physically and exercise their brain with challenges for the most part do the best. My one buddy who turns 85 this year just loaded up his race trailer, car and crew to go racing. You would swear the dude is 35. He just built from scratch a 32 Ford. Start to finish even painted it.in record time!

What is sad to see is friends whose minds slow down and or their hearing loss impairs their ability to have fun. You have to keep your mind and body busy!!!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Chick from RoboCop 2.

1595034662472.png

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
John Lewis dead at 80 - American Civil Rights Leader
The Georgia lawmaker had been suffering from Stage IV pancreatic cancer since December.

In addition to being a central figure in the fight to end racial segregation, Lewis served in the House of Representatives since 1987.

He was a decorated civil rights icon and served in the House of Representatives since 1987. Before entering US politics, Lewis championed desegregation and was one of the original Freedom Riders, a group of civil rights activists who rode interstate buses through the South to demonstrate against segregated bus terminals.

Along with Martin Luther King Jr., he was an organizer of the March on Washington in 1963, a seminal moment in the Civil Rights Movement that led to the passage of voting rights for Blacks two years later.
Lewis was the last surviving speaker of the 1963 March on Washington.

"John Lewis was an American treasure," wrote Martin Luther King III, the oldest son of Martin Luther King, Jr. "He gave a voice to the voiceless, and he reminded each of us that the most powerful nonviolent tool is the vote. Our hearts feel empty without our friend, but we find comfort knowing that he is free at last."

Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., the civil rights leader stands beneath a bust of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., as members of the Congressional Black Caucus gather for the memorial ceremony for the late Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings, at the Capitol in Washington.

1595044530800.png

Last edited:

floridays

I'm at peace with dying, still prefer to wake up breathing. Enjoy your life JJ, enjoy the grandkids when they come. You'll do just fine :thumbup1: