The RIP Thread

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
"The Departed" was a great movie to show what these guys are really like. Most gangster movies glamorize it.

My great grandfather was a boss in The East Boston part of town at the turn of the 20th century but it was different then. It was more about protecting the Italians from the Irish police and politicians.

It was a fun time in the 60's growing up around there. My uncles would take me to the bookies . I knew a lot of the hood characters. the best part was the huge family get togethers and gatherings in the neighborhoods.We always felt safe . Mostly it was gambling , booze , and protection. There was always a little bad but it got worse when the drugs came into the picture.

When i was young and one of our family members died, I was amazed by all the limos and people who came to the funeral. I didn't understand until i was older.

floridays

"The Departed" was a great movie to show what these guys are really like. Most gangster movies glamorize it.

My great grandfather was a boss in The East Boston part of town at the turn of the 20th century but it was different then. It was more about protecting the Italians from the Irish police and politicians.

It was a fun time in the 60's growing up around there. My uncles would take me to the bookies . I knew a lot of the hood characters. the best part was the huge family get togethers and gatherings in the neighborhoods.We always felt safe . Mostly it was gambling , booze , and protection. There was always a little bad but it got worse when the drugs came into the picture.

When i was young and one of our family members died, I was amazed by all the limos and people who came to the funeral. I didn't understand until i was older.
Very interesting, you had a great childhood. I'm serious this time. I'm usually cutting at stuff for :poop: and giggles, not this time.

rod

Retired 22 years

I was in basic training with a kid from Chicago who said he was always told to never ask what his father did for a living----but they always had money.