The RIP Thread

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I always think about that scene in The Holy Grail. "...who just as he seemed about to recover..." (nodds) " felt the icy hand of Death upon him.) "OH...he's died!"

KOG72

I’m full of it
D049775D-DD1E-4C7F-83D9-8CA0381494CF.jpeg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Captain' Daryl Dragon dies with Tennille at his side
Daryl Dragon, one half of popular '70s duo The Captain & Tennille, died Wednesday, according to his publicist Harlan Boll.

Dragon, whose ever-present captain's hat left no doubt about which half of the duo he was, died of renal failure in Prescott, Arizona, Boll said.
"He was a brilliant musician with many friends who loved him greatly," Toni Tennille said in a statement. "I was at my most creative in my life when I was with him."

captain-and-tennille-exlarge-169.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Were they still together? He had some other issue too. Parkinsons maybe?

I think she threw him out like yesterdays dish water years ago when she decided she was too good for him and could make it on her own? Apparently she was with him when he died. Probably just checking to see if she was in his will.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Captain' Daryl Dragon dies with Tennille at his side
Daryl Dragon, one half of popular '70s duo The Captain & Tennille, died Wednesday, according to his publicist Harlan Boll.

Dragon, whose ever-present captain's hat left no doubt about which half of the duo he was, died of renal failure in Prescott, Arizona, Boll said.
"He was a brilliant musician with many friends who loved him greatly," Toni Tennille said in a statement. "I was at my most creative in my life when I was with him."

View attachment 229179
Hmm. “Brilliant musician”? I wonder if he wrote Muskrat Love? Lol.