The RIP Thread

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Rip John Havlicek!!!
Thanks for the great childhood memories!!
5E60A55F-C53C-4FD1-A5ED-917CD71B6502.png

floridays

In Boston Celtics fans' minds he was a superstar even though he played the 6th man role. Today he would be a mega superstar that would make Lebron look bad.
I'm an old guy, so that is my prism of viewing things, The way I viewed it, it was Russell number 6 and Havlicek number 17. John Havlicek was one of the greatest to ever play on an NBA floor.
I feel the pain of all Boston Celtic fans, my condolences to all you now grown kids that lost a part of your childhood today.
I hate losing my heroes as well, it hurts.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm an old guy, so that is my prism of viewing things, The way I viewed it, it was Russell number 6 and Havlicek number 17. John Havlicek was one of the greatest to ever play on an NBA floor.
I feel the pain of all Boston Celtic fans, my condolences to all you now grown kids that lost a part of your childhood today.
I hate losing my heroes as well, it hurts.
Havlicek was a legend even in his playing days. he routinely ran opposing players off the court with his stamina and made the clutch shots.

He is one of only 3 NBA players that are 8-0 in NBA championship series. He as well as Russell were pure winners. Larry Bird reminded me of Honda when he came along.

I can still name most of the players from those championship years in the 60's. Would bring my transistor radio with earplug to school to listen to games.

floridays

Havlicek was a legend even in his playing days. he routinely ran opposing players off the court with his stamina and made the clutch shots.

He is one of only 3 NBA players that are 8-0 in NBA championship series. He as well as Russell were pure winners. Larry Bird reminded me of Honda when he came along.

I can still name most of the players from those championship years in the 60's. Would bring my transistor radio with earplug to school to listen to games.
I love your passion for your team.