The scratcher packs and Jacking Stuff

djkre8r

Before anyone trys to yank a "scratcher pack" just know that they are all VOID until activated by the retailer (the store). Just try and cash one in and see how fast you get caught. I know this because I worked 10 years for the GA Lottery before coming to UPS. Same as if you broke into a store and stole a pack... if it isn't activated (logged into the system) then when one is cashed in, the retailer screen is prompted it is a fraudulent or stolen ticket. With that said... no I didn't know the lottery numbers! If I did I surely wouldn't have started working for UPS.

Fun lottery story... they used to have voided tickets that would be used as display purposes on the counter. They plainly said VOID but nobody noticed that. I loved going into a bar to service a machine and the drunks at the counter always said "Got any free tickets?". I would reply "Sure" and start handing those out. None were winners and would show void when scratched off. Ne better way to make friends with drunks than hand out real fake tickets.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sup Og's

So tell me why tf do the crackheads that work at your/our hubs not steal the scratcher packs? Holy chit, if I was a crackhead and a scratcher pack worth $4,500 came down my slide..boy, the amount of crack I could buy.

Anyways, what's the most crazy story you've heard regarding people trying to steal in your hub?

Peak season of 2015, some kid in my hub came to work with a duffel bag, he was working in the trailers outside of the building, loaded his bag up with iPhones and got caught throwing it over the fence. LOL like wtf???? My mind was blown when I heard this

One time, now don't tell anybody this, ... I came home and had UPS property in my pocket, yep, a UPS brown pen in my pocket! Still have it too!

Hateworkingaspreload

One time, now don't tell anybody this, ... I came home and had UPS property in my pocket, yep, a UPS brown pen in my pocket! Still have it too!
Well, I have a funny story myself. I did helpers for peak, they didn't give me clothes that fit me so I left a fresh snicker bar in the pant's pocket before returning it to HR. Legend says that it's still in there today.

"Scratcher packs" have to be activated at the store before any of the winning tickets are valid anyway so they wouldn't be worth anything if stolen

*** sorry didn't realize this had already been said a few posts up***

Last edited: