The Sovereign Nation of New Hampshire?

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Saw a meme today, suggesting that we need to ADD 3 more states.
53 is a prime number.
That way, we would literally become one, indivisible.

LOL
Or we could get rid of 3…..47 is a prime number. I could think of a few to get rid of off the top of my head.

vantexan

California, New York and Massachusetts would be my 3.
Why not combine Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine and call it New England? Delaware could be absorbed by Maryland. All kinds of things could be done. Everyone knows the Florida panhandle is really Lower Alabama. The Oklahoma panhandle should be Texas.

Box Ox

Why not combine Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine and call it New England? Delaware could be absorbed by Maryland. All kinds of things could be done. Everyone knows the Florida panhandle is really Lower Alabama. The Oklahoma panhandle should be Texas.

DC could also be returned to Maryland.

"The retrocession of the District of Columbia refers to both past and proposed acts of returning some or all of the land that had been ceded to the federal government of the United States for the purpose of creating its federal district for the new national capital of the United States, the City of Washington. The land was originally ceded to the federal government by Virginia and Maryland in 1790. After moving through various stages of federal and state approval, the Virginia portion was eventually returned in March 1847. The Maryland portion still constitutes the District of Columbia today, but some have proposed retroceding it, in part or in whole, to address issues related to the voting rights of residents of the District of Columbia."

vantexan

"The retrocession of the District of Columbia refers to both past and proposed acts of returning some or all of the land that had been ceded to the federal government of the United States for the purpose of creating its federal district for the new national capital of the United States, the City of Washington. The land was originally ceded to the federal government by Virginia and Maryland in 1790. After moving through various stages of federal and state approval, the Virginia portion was eventually returned in March 1847. The Maryland portion still constitutes the District of Columbia today, but some have proposed retroceding it, in part or in whole, to address issues related to the voting rights of residents of the District of Columbia."
Not a bad idea. Make the Federal District much smaller and send the rest to Maryland. And the Dems will scream that it must be a state.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
And Texas should be Mexican.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

I don't have a problem with reducing the size of DC, but the seat of the federal government itself should never be in a state.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hasn't the voters of PR declined statehood a couple of times ?
No.