The Summer of Mike Eskew

Sammie

Mr. Eskew is scheduled to visit every district complex this summer. He's scheduled for Denver on June 7th. The GOOD news is: the pot holes will be paved, the yard will become immaculate, the walkways repainted, the pallets will be stored away, the building will be doused in glitter and very soon you'll be able to eat off the hub's floors.

Anybody else working in a district office, keep an eye out for Mr. Clean!!!

Last edited:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Mr. Eskew is scheduled to visit every district complex this summer. He's scheduled for Denver on June 7th. The GOOD news is: the pot holes will be paved, the yard will become immaculate, the walkways repainted, the pallets will be stored away, the building will be doused in glitter and very soon you'll be able to eat off the hub's floors.

Working inside the Commerce City building, I'm interested to see what happens for his visit and immediately following. Does he plan to walk the operations?? -Rocky

rushfan

Last time I looked, he won't visit Idaho, Nevada or Montana. The closest he gets here is Utah (as far as we know). Our Hub is a P.O.S. and very dirty. A new one would have to be constructed. I would go and see the tour and meet Mike, but I don't want to drive 300 miles for donuts, bagels and cream cheese, that juice (the "contains no fruit juice") in gallon jugs, and chocolate milk.

Last edited:

Re: APWA Update: Indianapolis, Ind. Center

I'm surprised he is venturing out of his bubble room in Atlanta.Maybe he will see what is happening to the company under his command and he can ask someone ,who has a clue ,how to get on the road to recovery!:w00t:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

This sounds like when we have one of our "surprise audits". The floor is clean, Preload goes down on time, Package Cars actually get washed the night before, everything is postcard perfect. Too bad they just don't just show up unannounced about 8:30 AM and see how things really are!:bored:

raceanoncr

I'm surprised he is venturing out of his bubble room in Atlanta.Maybe he will see what is happening to the company under his command and he can ask someone ,who has a clue ,how to get on the road to recovery!:w00t:

OK, if you're in one of the "lucky" cities, just TRY to get close to him! Mark my words, he'll be surrounded by black suits, ties and sunglasses with their hands close to their chest holster!

Sammie

Working inside the Commerce City building, I'm interested to see what happens for his visit and immediately following. Does he plan to walk the operations?? -Rocky

I really don't know what this Magical Mystery Tour will
encompass. I would assume he would take a complete building
tour but I'm not on the "inside" any more and on this one I'm inclined not to bother asking. And will they really show him Building 18? (Walter Reed...) Just kidding...

I found this info out from the Old Man here who came back to his feeder dept. last night to hear discussions about the upcoming "spit shining". And it's only April...But the place could use Merry Maids for a day.

Whenever a Senator or a Congressman or someone from Atlanta has stopped by in the past, the pumpkin becomes a guilded coach so I'm sure this one will be a show stopper.

tieguy

Banned

OK, if you're in one of the "lucky" cities, just TRY to get close to him! Mark my words, he'll be surrounded by black suits, ties and sunglasses with their hands close to their chest holster!

He's in Burtonsville today meeting and greeting the throngs. Very personable, a little soft spoken. Comes across as a very likeable person.

trickpony1

He's in Burtonsville today meeting and greeting the throngs. Very personable, a little soft spoken. Comes across as a very likeable person.

.......load up the suitcases and the little lady.
With comments like that you'll be on the corporate jet headed for the Ivory Towers in no time :thumbup1::thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

705red

Browncafe Steward

Mike made the rounds here last year. We have a driver whos family owned 2 mail box etc stores, he always got free fedex tshirts. So mike was giving a speech to over 200 drivers when he noticed a driver in a fedex shirt( he didnt have his ups shirt on yet). Mike asked if it was a joke, the driver said no he always wears a fedex tshirt under his ups shirt, because ups never gave him any for free at his mbe's. Mike was stunned and had no response. The driver was pulled in the office and lashed a few times he lived and still today wears fedex tshirts to work.

Griff

Only things that change when he comes here is everyone is actually held to the real apperance standards and the managers all wear their "best" suit. It's mostly a manager's day, they get to see the god of the IE circus in the flesh. Tieguy probably runs to the bathroom above the center office after he gets a glimpse of the ring leader.

Leftinbuilding

.......load up the suitcases and the little lady.
With comments like that you'll be on the corporate jet headed for the Ivory Towers in no time :thumbup1::thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Now that is funny. I thought his whole charade on the Calif. lawsuit thread was an audition for someone in Atlanta. Just begging to be noticed. LOL

tieguy

Banned
.....when he gets in the bathroom does he practice his Safe Work Methods?
"pivot don't twist"
"stretching exercises"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geez now you're having fantasies about me in the bathroom. Man you're getting sicker by the minute. you boys should hook up with each other in a gay chatroom since you've all found a common interest.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Come on guys, lets clean it up a little bit here....that may have been a poor choice of words! I already had to delete one post:nono: