The UPS Store and Inc. Magazine Salute Small Businesses with a National Pitch Off Contest

ROBO MOD

I'm a Robot
Staff member
Calling all entrepreneurs to enter business pitch competition for a chance to win $25,000 and a feature in Inc. Magazine

The UPS Store, Inc. together with Inc. Magazine, invite entrepreneurs and small business owners from across the country to enter the Small Biz Salute Pitch Off, a contest that will reward one small business owner with $25,000 and an editorial feature in Inc. Magazine.

To enter the contest, eligible owners and entrepreneurs of qualifying small businesses need to submit an entry sharing how $25,000 would help them grow their business. Part of The UPS Store annual month-long initiative, Small Biz Salute is dedicated to honoring and supporting small business owners in their communities.

“Are you an entrepreneur that wants to grow your business? We are here to listen and help you take your small business to the next level,” said Michelle Van Slyke, senior vice president of sales and marketing for The UPS Store. “Go out on a limb, show us who you are and how you want to grow.”

The Small Biz Salute Pitch Off is open for submissions. Here are the details:

· Submit a 60-90 second video or a 100 -word essay responding to the questions “what makes my business unique” and “how would I use the prize money to grow my business.” All entries must be received by May 4, 2018.

· A panel of judges will select the top ten semi-finalists and these entrepreneurs will be presented for an online public vote from May 18 to June 29, 2018.

· The top three finalists (based in part on public votes) will be invited to attend and compete in the live Small Biz Salute Pitch Off event this August 2018 in Detroit, MI.

· The top three finalists will pitch their business to a panel of celebrity judges and audience for the grand prize of $25,000, along with a feature in the October 2018 issue of Inc. Magazine.

· The grand prize winner will be announced at the live Small Biz Salute Pitch Off event.

Thinking of entering the contest? Don’t forget that in addition to a video or essay submission, finalists will also have to pitch their business in front of a live audience. Whether it’s during this contest, at a networking event or at a coffee shop, having a polished business pitch ready is always a good idea for an entrepreneur. To ensure potential customers or investors remember your business, always have a business card handy. During the month of April, The UPS Store is offering 500 premium business cards for $9.99 Visit wwww.upsstoreprint.com/500 to learn more and order.

RULES & REGULATIONS: Open to owners of small business owners only. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Grand prize of $25,000 and editorial feature in Inc. Magazine. Must be 18 or older as of 3/21/18 to enter. Contest entry ends 5/4/18. Sponsored by The UPS Store, Inc., 5050 Cornerstone Court West San Diego, CA 92120 and Mansueto Ventures LLC, d.b.a Inc. Magazine, 250 Greenwich Street, New York, NY 10007.