"The whole situation is tragic": About a million bees died when left on a hot UPS truck for weeks

rod

Retired 22 years
I was always under the assumption that UPS didn't guarantee living things "fish, bees, chicks , crickets) anyway. What is the big deal? Shippers risk.

worldwide

I was always under the assumption that UPS didn't guarantee living things "fish, bees, chicks , crickets) anyway. What is the big deal? Shippers risk.

"As of 1/1/2021, UPS will no longer accept, for transportation via Air services, shipments of Package Bees, but will continue to accept via Ground service where the time-in-transit of the shipment from origin to destination ZIP codes is no greater than one day. Shipments of Queen Bees, with their attendants, will continue to be accepted for Air and Ground services where the time in transit between origin and destination ZIP codes is no greater than one day.

Any package containing a live animal shall be considered a perishable commodity and will be accepted for transportation solely at the shipper´s risk for any damage or loss arising from the perishable nature of the item. UPS shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages."

Shipped from PA to destinations in New England. Transit time via ground is 2 days to majority of New England.

rod

Retired 22 years

"As of 1/1/2021, UPS will no longer accept, for transportation via Air services, shipments of Package Bees, but will continue to accept via Ground service where the time-in-transit of the shipment from origin to destination ZIP codes is no greater than one day. Shipments of Queen Bees, with their attendants, will continue to be accepted for Air and Ground services where the time in transit between origin and destination ZIP codes is no greater than one day.

Any package containing a live animal shall be considered a perishable commodity and will be accepted for transportation solely at the shipper´s risk for any damage or loss arising from the perishable nature of the item. UPS shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages."

Shipped from PA to destinations in New England. Transit time via ground is 2 days to majority of New England.
Problem solved. Tell that tree hugging bitch in that video she is barking up the wrong tree.

oldngray

nowhere special
Problem solved. Tell that tree hugging bitch in that video she is barking up the wrong tree.
I remember when a place on my route got live worms from Minnesota that were labeled ship air only. They were shipped ground anyway and took 2 days. Half the worms were dying and stinking by the time they got here.

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember when a place on my route got live worms from Minnesota that were labeled ship air only. They were shipped ground anyway and took 2 days. Half the worms were dying and stinking by the time they got here.
The smell of dead rotting night crawlers -- we had that quite frequently in our building. That a dead leeches.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
dnc_1_cc6737784316833b382aa47cc503fd30.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

The smell of dead rotting night crawlers and dead leeches.
Oh, you worked here??