A shooting that erupted after an employee's disciplinary hearing left nine people --

P

pickup

Re: A shooting that erupted after an employee's disciplinary hearing left nine people

:smart::smart:
Nope, not with corrupt police, and city officials, like the history in the US.
Dirty Chicago in the 30's
New York Mafia (garbage collection)
New Orleans in the 80's

How about Canada in the 90's?

[video=youtube;kZ7K9eCkETQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ7K9eCkETQ[/video]

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Re: A shooting that erupted after an employee's disciplinary hearing left nine people

They released the 911 call that the shooter made.
He was very calm & precise .

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

That's ridiculous. When a swat team storms a drug house with weapons drawn, it's not a fair fight. It's not intended to be. That the part about the element of surprise. I'd be willing to bet that the firt 6 shots were fired before the people even realized what was going on. Fact is, people freeze in that situation.
The fact is, that people who are unprepared to respond, may in fact "freeze". After watching many TV shows where people just freeze or drop dead, I made up my mind to be prepared, and was, in my situation, just as anyone can be in any situation.

Nope, not with corrupt police, and city officials, like the history in the US.
Dirty Chicago in the 30's
New York Mafia (garbage collection)
New Orleans in the 80's

Hopefully, this new president in Mexico can keep his promise and clean it mostly up.
His life is very much at stake. Seen him interviewed here (while he was visiting Canada).

Anyways, thats a different story, and he did ask Obama to stop the flow of guns into Mexico, and even ban full or semi automatic weapons in the states.
But, they will get it under control sooner or later.
All the answers, as usual, and you even threw in a slap at America. Bravo!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's ridiculous. When a swat team storms a drug house with weapons drawn, it's not a fair fight. It's not intended to be. That the part about the element of surprise. I'd be willing to bet that the firt 6 shots were fired before the people even realized what was going on. Fact is, people freeze in that situation.

Most of the folks in that room were older people with slower reaction times. I seriously doubt anyone would have gotten a shot off even if they had had the chance to do so.

I am very open about my anti-gun stance. My family has been the victim of gun violence the details of which are not important to the conversation other than to say that the weapon used was in the house before the tragedy occurred. The only times I have ever fired a gun was during annual weapons certification while in the Air Force for which I received the Marksman Award. I do not currently nor will ever own a gun. There will never be a gun in my house. Call me naive if you wish--I don't care.

klein

Für Meno :)

I could sure see guns in the workforce going well, NOT !

Bad week, like getting a divorce, then being told your job is beeing eleminated, and you want him armed ?
I wouldn't even trust UPS sups with access to guns at work. Not the way they come and go and are constantly under stress.

Just adding more fuel to the fire, imo.

And Steve, yes, the US should take some blame for the gun violence in Mexico. It's all mostly guns from the US.
Could you imagine if a country middle in Europe would allow guns (lets say Germany), and the rebels in Spain would be killling with german guns ?
All of Europe would put most of the blame to Germany, and they would be 100% right to do so !

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I could sure see guns in the workforce going well, NOT !

Bad week, like getting a divorce, then being told your job is beeing eleminated, and you want him armed ?
I wouldn't even trust UPS sups with access to guns at work. Not the way they come and go and are constantly under stress.

Just adding more fuel to the fire, imo.

And Steve, yes, the US should take some blame for the gun violence in Mexico. It's all mostly guns from the US.
Could you imagine if a country middle in Europe would allow guns (lets say Germany), and the rebels in Spain would be killling with german guns ?
All of Europe would put most of the blame to Germany, and they would be 100% right to do so !
Klein, not everyone that gets divorced, depressed or upset would use their gun to act violently. You're making people out to be one step from the assylum. Do you picture everyone as paranoid lunatics? If you do, you need to get a grip.

Secondly, you use the word some, as far as the U.S. taking some blame and then you come right back with it's most all of our, (the U.S.') guns that are at fault. Yet again needling the U.S. How about blaming the Mexican's for their violence problems? What about the Canadian that cut the head off the guy on the bus in Canada? Was it our fault because it was a knife, made in America?

Most of the folks in that room were older people with slower reaction times. I seriously doubt anyone would have gotten a shot off even if they had had the chance to do so.

I am very open about my anti-gun stance. My family has been the victim of gun violence the details of which are not important to the conversation other than to say that the weapon used was in the house before the tragedy occurred. The only times I have ever fired a gun was during annual weapons certification while in the Air Force for which I received the Marksman Award. I do not currently nor will ever own a gun. There will never be a gun in my house. Call me naive if you wish--I don't care.
As you seriously doubt, you become a victim, expect the unexpected.
Funny how you are "anti-gun", yet you had to point out that you received the Marksman award.
Lastly, when you say never or ever, isn't that too final, I mean, what if....?

klein

Hey, we had a workplace shooting in this city, just 6 months ago.
Why ?
Same reason, he got fired !
He brought a gun to work, 2 killed and 1 injured.

It's not the first one, won't be the last one.
Workplace violence is right up there, if you haven't noticed that.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...dm_gunshots_100311/20100312/?hub=EdmontonHome

As far as that mentally challenged chinese immigrant with the bus.
He wasn't even mentally fit to stand trial, but he will be spending the rest of his life in psychiatric care.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Hey, we had a workplace shooting in this city, just 6 months ago.
Why ?
Same reason, he got fired !
He brought a gun to work, 2 killed and 1 injured.

It's not the first one, won't be the last one.
Workplace violence is right up there, if you haven't noticed that.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...dm_gunshots_100311/20100312/?hub=EdmontonHome

As far as that mentally challenged chinese immigrant with the bus.
He wasn't even mentally fit to stand trial, but he will be spending the rest of his life in psychiatric care.
That wasn't my question, and nice try of trying to deflect by throwing in the guys mental status. The question was, if the knife was made in the U.S., would that also be our responsibilty?

klein

Don't be silly, knifes are not illegal, and don't need a permit.
And they don't kill like guns do (long range, and more deadlier).
If you wanna compare knives with guns, then give your gun up, and buy a good kitchen knife !

Maybe it's the US fault, that they trained and gave weapons to the Taliban ?
Probably even taught them how to make E.I.D's (road bombs).

the US should take some blame for the gun violence in Mexico. It's all mostly guns from the US.

So by your logic if I take my wifes new car , made in Canada, and run over a schoolyard full of children then I get to blame it on Canadians.

Stick to travel discounts,alcohol, and children in foreign countries and leave the firearms to us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Klein, not everyone that gets divorced, depressed or upset would use their gun to act violently. You're making people out to be one step from the assylum. Do you picture everyone as paranoid lunatics? If you do, you need to get a grip.

Secondly, you use the word some, as far as the U.S. taking some blame and then you come right back with it's most all of our, (the U.S.') guns that are at fault. Yet again needling the U.S. How about blaming the Mexican's for their violence problems? What about the Canadian that cut the head off the guy on the bus in Canada? Was it our fault because it was a knife, made in America?

As you seriously doubt, you become a victim, expect the unexpected.
Funny how you are "anti-gun", yet you had to point out that you received the Marksman award.
Lastly, when you say never or ever, isn't that too final, I mean, what if....?

Ironic, isn't it? I hate guns but am pretty good at shooting them. We used the M-16 w/.223 caliber bullets.

Never means never in this case.

P

pickup

Come on Klein , where are u going to pop up next ? I am waiting!

[video=youtube;s-GrA28YiOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-GrA28YiOw[/video]

P

pickup

If the man in the below video was listened to , there would have been no 9-11 or for that matter, the shooting in conn. wouldn't have been so uncontested.

[video=youtube;CLjNJI54GMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLjNJI54GMM[/video]

bbsam

Staff member

So is Archie Bunker the Mirror or the Glass? I know that Carrol O'Connor meant the character to be a look through the glass. Sadly, not always.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Hey Klein, if I were to drink a case of Labatt's...or a fifth of Canadian Mist....and then get behind the wheel of a 1976 Ford with a 351 Windsor V-8 built in Windsor, Ontario....should Canadian alcohol and engine manufacturers be blamed when I lose control of my truck in a drunken stupor and kill someone with it?

klein

Hey Klein, if I were to drink a case of Labatt's...or a fifth of Canadian Mist....and then get behind the wheel of a 1976 Ford with a 351 Windsor V-8 built in Windsor, Ontario....should Canadian alcohol and engine manufacturers be blamed when I lose control of my truck in a drunken stupor and kill someone with it?

No, you're absoultly right. Same as the Taliban.
Got weapons and training from the CIA.
Can't blame them for killing americans with their own technoligy and knowhow.

Or if Russia would have been successful giving the Cubans nuclear weapons, and Fidel Castro pushed the button.
It wouldn't be the Russians fault, right ?

bbsam

Staff member

I don't even think this thread was particularly about people carrying guns. It did seem to morph into that quickly, though. Almost like people have some Dirty Harry fantasy about what they would have done if they had been in the situation with their trusted .357/Glock.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

You do know, that 90-95% of the guns in Mexico came from the US (guns for drug trade, or just bought them).

Incorrect.

95% of the guns with traceable serial numbers that are recovered from Mexican crime scenes come from the USA.

Less than 1/3 of of the guns recovered are traceable.

The fully-automatic rifles and grenade launchers that the cartels are using are not coming from the USA. They are illegal here and cannot simply be bought at US gun shops and smuggled across the border as so many ignorant people seem to think.

These weapons are of Eastern Bloc (Russian, Rumanian or Chinese) manufacture, and are being smuggled in from South America or overseas. There are literally millions of these weapons available on the worldwide black market, a remnant of the Cold War when the Russians provided them to Communist client states.

A significant portion of the American-built weapons in cartel posession have been bought from corrupt Mexican army or police sources.

Contrary to popular belief, guns are one of the most tightly regulated items made or sold in the US. The idea that "thousands of machine guns are being legally bought in US gun stores and smuggled across the border" is a myth.