They have me too much money for my retro check

Ant12

I was loading and I get called out of my truck by a full time sup. I see 2 full time sups standing there waiting for me so I was like :censored2: what did I do! Then they told me there was a mistake in my retro check and they gave me 10$ too much. They made me sign a paper and told me I would be getting a 10$ reduction in my next paycheck lol. Do you think this would have happened if UPS "accidentally have someone too little for their check?

Cheezie

I left ups April 2014 so from August to April I should get retro pay correct? Still waiting and no one really can give me a straight answer!!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It cost more to cut the check.
So that's where the thanksgiving turkey money went...
images-42.jpeg

MattE

Yeah they told me today I was paid $156.xx too much. To be taken out in 3 "easy installments". Which sucks as I'm part time and that will be about 1/4 of my normal check.

So here's my question. My hire date was aug 8, 2013. And no one ever really explained the whole progression thing to me. My fault for not looking into it. But when the contract finally went through I got a .50 raise. From the the part timers I've talked to, it appears that those with over a year got .70, and those under got .50. I was really a week late from getting the extra .20?

That's apparently what caused the overpayment. They figured it at .70 instead of .50. And how exactly does this progression thing work? Assuming I stay at part time.

I'm signing every bid list in sight to drive, but they haven't sent anyone from my hub lately.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Yeah they told me today I was paid $156.xx too much. To be taken out in 3 "easy installments". Which sucks as I'm part time and that will be about 1/4 of my normal check.

So here's my question. My hire date was aug 8, 2013. And no one ever really explained the whole progression thing to me. My fault for not looking into it. But when the contract finally went through I got a .50 raise. From the the part timers I've talked to, it appears that those with over a year got .70, and those under got .50. I was really a week late from getting the extra .20?

That's apparently what caused the overpayment. They figured it at .70 instead of .50. And how exactly does this progression thing work? Assuming I stay at part time.

I'm signing every bid list in sight to drive, but they haven't sent anyone from my hub lately.

Sent using BrownCafe App
What was your previous rate?

MattE

I was at 11.00 and now 11.50. And I'll have to look back, but I know I haven't had a raise since well before August.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

I was at 11.00 and now 11.50. And I'll have to look back, but I know I haven't had a raise since well before August.
Huh? Why would you have gotten a raise before you got hired?

MattE

Sorry. My bad. I was hired in 2012. I've worked almost 2 years here.

And fwiw they didn't have my sign anything. Just gave me a sheet with the amounts on it.

Sent using BrownCafe App