things i was thankful for as a driver(lighter side)

rod

Retired 22 years
Pulling up to a house, after dark, set way back in the trees l figure I'll never find the house number. Wrong! Not only is the number lit up with nice big numbers at the end of the driveway, but the driveway had lights on both sides all the way to the house. Then to top it off, there were lights along the walkway to the front door. :). Why can't everyone be like that?

It didn't even take that much for me. I was happier than a pig in slop if the customer had either his name or at least the house/box number on his mailbox. My first peak at UPS was on a rural route that probably 90% of the mailboxes didn't have anything on them.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It didn't even take that much for me. I was happier than a pig in slop if the customer had either his name or at least the house/box number on his mailbox. My first peak at UPS was on a rural route that probably 90% of the mailboxes didn't have anything on them.
Fire numbers are a beautiful thing.

rod

Retired 22 years
Fire numbers are a beautiful thing.

I never saw a package addressed with a fire number. If you mean the E911 numbers everyone has now they weren't invented back when I was delivering rural routes. There was a fire number system but that number only meant something to the fire department.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I never saw a package addressed with a fire number. If you mean the E911 numbers everyone has now they weren't invented back when I was delivering rural routes. There was a fire number system but that number only meant something to the fire department.
We still have a county that not 911. Pain in the freaking ass.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We still had one area that used the old route number/ box number system, pain in the butt if you didn't know the area.

[On topic]And I was thankful for the times the cover drivers would call me before I even left the house and ask if they could run my route that day.

twoweeled

I was thankful for the cuties I met while delivering the mall, stores and offices when I was 30!
Yeah, you know,,,,,:batman: Sadly, I'm not thirty anymore, and don't look like I'm thirty either!:wheelchai