This Day in History

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Did you have that old grocery chain "Purity Supreme" near you as well?
No, we had Almac’s grocery chain. We used to cash in bottles there when I was a kid. 2-5 cents a coke bottle depending on size. 15cents for a Cumberland farms half gallon milk bottle. No plastic ones then. Lol

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

4 May, 1970 - U.S.A. Kent State University Shootings​

1970 : After a number of days of protest against US invasion of Cambodia the National Guards fired on protesters at Kent State University and 4 were killed and a further 10 were injured. Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young sang about it with the song "Ohio"

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

4 May, 1970 - U.S.A. Kent State University Shootings​

1970 : After a number of days of protest against US invasion of Cambodia the National Guards fired on protesters at Kent State University and 4 were killed and a further 10 were injured. Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young sang about it with the song "Ohio"
I remember that day like it was yesterday.
was in junior high school when it happened.
I remember us kids talking and wondering if they were coming for us ( troops )
sounds funny now but back then things were scary......all the war protests and violence from kennedy and king assasinations and the democratic national convention ......all in 1968.

it seemed like the country was coming apart at the seams....to a 13-14 year old it was scary.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I remember that day like it was yesterday.
was in junior high school when it happened.
I remember us kids talking and wondering if they were coming for us ( troops )
sounds funny now but back then things were scary......all the war protests and violence from kennedy and king assasinations and the democratic national convention ......all in 1968.

it seemed like the country was coming apart at the seams....to a 13-14 year old it was scary.
:censored2: you’re old

Covemastah

1961 U.S.A. Alan B. Shepard Jr​

1961 : Alan B. Shepard Jr became the first American in space today after soaring 115 miles above the earth in a spacecraft named Freedom 7.

Covemastah

4996837E-DB86-4005-9009-FF6E0F73335D.jpeg