To speak up or not? Talk to management or HR? “On topic” please!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
No I don’t. I came here for advice on a specific issue not to be criticized personally on issues that have nothing to do with what I asked. People come here to ask honest questions about real issues not for every :censored2: on here to troll. But my bad I guess this isn’t the place.

It's right before peak. UPS hires like crazy this time of year. UPS makes promises it will not keep to new hires. Even if you start driving tomorrow, I have a twenty that says you won't be here after the middle of January.

What job were your promised?

Sorry, but true.

Ding Dong Ditch Bitch

It's right before peak. UPS hires like crazy this time of year. UPS makes promises it will not keep to new hires. Even if you start driving tomorrow, I have a twenty that says you won't be here after the middle of January.

What job were your promised?

Sorry, but true.
I was hired as a driver put through school immediately then left hanging but apparently that’s standard procedure

No I don’t. I came here for advice on a specific issue not to be criticized personally on issues that have nothing to do with what I asked. People come here to ask honest questions about real issues not for every :censored2: on here to troll. But my bad I guess this isn’t the place.
Just hang on for a few more days. They really don't have enough people to train new people on routes.

Ding Dong Ditch Bitch

About what? I did not read it.

Fellow drivers got your back. Nothing matters unless you are in the probationary packet

Preload (sometimes for 10 ENTIRE YEARS) is normal before a driving gig, 30 day packet id the only time you should care about anything.

Read the union contract front-to-back. They still managed to produce 45 more pages of material than you did on a forum post. Get additional info from drivers and stewards. That's it.
I was hired as a driver
Probationary packet? 30 day packet? I don’t even know what any of that is. Like I said no one has communicated anything to me. I don’t know any other drivers. I was left hanging for two was after school and It’s hard when you’re on preload shifts to talk to anyone. I’ll just keep it moving and hope for the best

Ding Dong Ditch Bitch

And get thicker skin. As a woman, you’ll never survive the “man’s world” that is UPS if you get offended by every comment that isn’t sunshine and rainbows.
My skin is as thick as it gets trust me. I have extensive background in male dominated jobs. It takes a lot to offend me. But when something’s not right I’m not going to let people walk all over me either.

old levi's

blank space
I was hired as a driver put through school immediately then left hanging but apparently that’s standard procedure

You were hired off the street to be a driver and are now upset that things aren't moving as quickly as you would like. I had to work preload for 12 years before a driving job opened up for me.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Don’t you sign an appearance guideline before school? It states you can only have natural hair colors along with the shaving and haircut guidelines for men.

35years

Gravy route
Let me tell you straight up...
99% you were hired as a seasonal driver even if told otherwise. It's November.

So UPS doesn't want to clue you in that you will be let go in January. Or perhaps they will offer you a part time loader job at that point.

They need as many bodies as they can get this time of year. So they will keep you in the dark and work you when they need you.

Bad situation, best to quit now. There is a 1% chance you will be hired on as a full time permanent regular driver. But not starting your driver training, not being told about a packet, and working the load are not good signs.

Not being mean, just telling you what they won't.

Ding Dong Ditch Bitch

Let me tell you straight up...
99% you were hired as a seasonal driver even if told otherwise. It's November.

So UPS doesn't want to clue you in that you will be let go in January. Or perhaps they will offer you a part time loader job at that point.

They need as many bodies as they can get this time of year. So they will keep you in the dark and work you when they need you.

Bad situation, best to quit now. There is a 1% chance you will be hired on as a full time permanent regular driver. But not starting your driver training, not being told about a packet, and working the load are not good signs.

Not being mean, just telling you what they won't.

I hear that. However none of this is relevant to the question. Doesn’t matter anyway. I start driving tomorrow I guess we’ll just see where it goes. Thank you all for the input.

35years

Gravy route
I hear that. However none of this is relevant to the question. Doesn’t matter anyway. I start driving tomorrow I guess we’ll just see where it goes. Thank you all for the input.
Relevant to your question?

You start driving tomorrow and you want to know if you should complain to HR that others started driving before you???

I gave you the most likely reason you have been treated this way.

Women trying to qualify as drivers are given the easiest assignments, and are not expected to preform up to the level of male candidates. So you are way off on the discrimination angle.

I know an HR person in charge of hiring hundreds every year. A female will be given an easier road than a male at UPS.

Ding Dong Ditch Bitch

Relevant to your question?

You start driving tomorrow and you want to know if you should complain to HR that others started driving before you???

I gave you the most likely reason you have been treated this way.

Women trying to qualify as drivers are given the easiest assignments, and are not expected to preform up to the level of male candidates. So you are way off on the discrimination angle.

I know an HR person in charge of hiring hundreds every year. A female will be given an easier road than a male at UPS.

Not just others but all of them!

I’m not 100% I have been discriminated against. That was part of the question being that I was first to finish school and a month later every one after me has already been trained and on routes with the exception of myself. Just seemed a little suspect to me is all. But I’ll just carry on and see. And that’s bull:censored2: on women not being expected to perform the same. And also descrimination

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not just others but all of them!

I’m not 100% I have been discriminated against. That was part of the question being that I was first to finish school and a month later every one after me has already been trained and on routes with the exception of myself. Just seemed a little suspect to me is all. But I’ll just carry on and see. And that’s bull:censored2: on women not being expected to perform the same. And also descrimination

No it’s not