To the more intelligent than I guys.

Ouch

Couldn't or wouldn't? So sad that management can't do the right thing for people and employees always have to get attorneys.

They said they couldnt cause they would have to bid it. I would probably be right there at it with my seniority cause nobody from our building wants feeders. Thats why the ada doesnt work cause any job they create will have to be bid. You are right I wish they would do the right thing and quit trying to starve me out.

Overpaid Union Thug

Couldn't or wouldn't? So sad that management can't do the right thing for people and employees always have to get attorneys.

They said they couldnt cause they would have to bid it. I would probably be right there at it with my seniority cause nobody from our building wants feeders. Thats why the ada doesnt work cause any job they create will have to be bid. You are right I wish they would do the right thing and quit trying to starve me out.

This sounds just as much as a union problem as it does management. The union should make it crystal clear (in the language) that any position created as a result of ADA is meant solely for the employee affected to avoid it being bid to someone else.

With that said..... the company should be ashamed about how they treat their injured employees. Enough said.

pitdog

if my wife was making 50 bucks an hour i'd wait em out too. unfortunately that's not the case. went to the meeting with HR about the ada accomodations to no avail. didn't really have high hopes for that anyways. I have had 2 back surgeries in the past 3 years, had to wait over a year before the first was even approved.
I read about your situation in other posts, hopefully you come out even in a work comp case. I thought i had read on here somewhere where UPS did create a job for an injured worker. I certainly don't see why a company as large as ups cant help out an injured worker with some kind of position, union or not. I am in the process of settling my case now. nowhere near what i thought i would be getting. go after SSDI and collect what you can. The comp system is so screwed up, I feel sorry for anyone who gets hurt at work. changes everything.

Ouch

I don't know that I would name a thread like this.
It seems it would be like wearing a sign that said KICK ME.

Just looking for the more intelligent than I that might have gone thru this with the company. It never hurts to admit that their are people out there more intelligent than you.

PT Car Washer

And just because there are people out there who will admit they are does not mean you should follow their advice. But keep an open ear. Just my advice.