TomKat

moreluck

golden ticket member
Scientology

Ok, I was reading about the Scientology wedding ceremony that Tom & Katie will have.........the 2nd paragraph, I have a big problem with. I guess since Scientology is only 50 yrs. old they had to allow adultry....since it's rampant in Hollywood anyway........read below......

In the old-fashioned language that marks the Traditional version, the groom is reminded that "girls" need "clothes and food and tender happiness and frills, a pan, a comb, perhaps a cat" -- and is asked to provide them all.
The bride, in turn, is told that "young men are free and may forget" their promises.

wkmac

Young religions sure can have a tough time as they start to get their footing. What makes it even harder is reading their beliefs or even certain statements and then the reader, because of lack of clarity from either the readers understanding or the words printed, come to sometimes very wrong conclusions or at best something not near what was meant.

I remember another young religion in about it's 50th year of existence being accused by the other dominant religions that held majority positions of the day of being blood drinkers and cannibals because of a certain practice that the followers practiced. It's ironic now that these powerful religions of that day are at least in name are extinct and that little flowering religion of that day has become one of the most powerful and influencial in all of man's history.

What we laugh at and condemn today with contempt could in 2000 years be the dominate force in beliefs and our progeny will look back at us as being the uneducated ignorant masses that we think today we are not! I know little to nothing about Scientology because I don't involve myself with any organized religion as IMO none of them hold the absolute "Keys to the Kingdom" contrary to their claims. I wish Tom and his new bride the very best but I do think Nicole got the better deal. Even though he has some issues, I saw Nicole's new husband perform in a one off concert back a couple of months ago and he is an awesome guitarist. Sure, he can do all the things that drive the ladies wild but his abilities with the 6 string axe are just amazing. He can do the country twang but the boy can also play a killer blues riff to boot! I'm not a big country fan at all but I do like this axeman.