Total service provider

Thebrownblob

Well, good questions...

Every new pickup in my area, I got. Was up to 50 when I went to feeders. Was picking some up at 19:00.

NDA's to the airport became a problem.....For someone...

I might have 20 resins after pickup's....

8 hour days were unheard of. No such thing as 9.5 back then unless mgt wanted it.

I got no help because everyone else had their own problems.

My WIFE STAYED HOME AND DID THE KID STUFF. I made the money. Just the way it was.
Yep crazy didn’t have 9.5 when I started either.
I have 42 pick ups now. Usually only about 85 deliveries. My last pick up closes at 18:30
When I first started there was a lot more flexibility for drivers to help each other not so much anymore.

Sixth Punch Sense

We were given Metro sheets this week to see which pickups can be moved up. They are also planning to move our start time to 815. Not sure when but they have talked about it at PCM everyday for the past two weeks.

Stop count per car drastically went down this week and all routes were in (Tuesday-Friday).

This past week they made sure everyone on the 9.5 list came in under. My paid time per day was right around 8 hours.

ThePackageDeli

It just dawned on me.. This is what I believe the Total Service Plan is going to be:

Every. single. package that moves through the UPS system is going to have an RFID chip attached to it (this) providing dead-accurate volume forecasting. This is going to produce new levels of predictability and consistency for employees and customers like the TSP paperwork says. Management will now be able to calculate EXACTLY how many routes need to be ran each day and EXACTLY how much work will be on each route in advance. No more of this "Oh, we are heavier today than we anticipated" horse malarkey.
This is freaking exciting times we live in. I love technology.. Never mind all the extra cancer we get to enjoy being surrounded by 500 RFID chips all day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It just dawned on me.. This is what I believe the Total Service Plan is going to be:

Every. single. package that moves through the UPS system is going to have an RFID chip attached to it (this) providing dead-accurate volume forecasting. This is going to produce new levels of predictability and consistency for employees and customers like the TSP paperwork says. Management will now be able to calculate EXACTLY how many routes need to be ran each day and EXACTLY how much work will be on each route in advance. No more of this "Oh, we are heavier today than we anticipated" horse malarkey.
This is freaking exciting times we live in. I love technology.. Never mind all the extra cancer we get to enjoy being surrounded by 500 RFID chips all day.
Great plan in theory in reality what are the chances of ups not :censored2:ing it up

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We were given Metro sheets this week to see which pickups can be moved up. They are also planning to move our start time to 815. Not sure when but they have talked about it at PCM everyday for the past two weeks.

Stop count per car drastically went down this week and all routes were in (Tuesday-Friday).

This past week they made sure everyone on the 9.5 list came in under. My paid time per day was right around 8 hours.
TSP was supposed to start in may sometime. We will see

quad decade guy

What's a "Metro sheets"?

If stop counts went down......did they hire more people? Or is volume down? Are there layoffs?

What is "drastically" to you?

upser2020

Regarding the rfid thing in theory that shouldn't be needed. They should know exactly what packages are in what trailers on the property or expected to arrive during a sort. Now I had this conversation with one of my full time sups a while back and he basically said while it's true for hub loads it's not always true for customer loads(which I don't understand how we can sort a package if it's not even in our system). If every tracking number is linked to a trailer then they should know within a pretty small margin of error not only the volume for a sort but how much is going to be for each destination and how much the next preload and delivery drivers will be doing. Of course this assumes they don't sit or roll any of it.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
which I don't understand how we can sort a package if it's not even in our system. If every tracking number is linked to a trailer then they should know within a pretty small margin of error not only the volume for a sort but how much is going to be for each destination and how much the next preload and delivery drivers will be doing.
we used to use customer manifests for drivers dispatch; know what customers love to do? lie

now it enters the dispatch when it gets a destination scan at the hub