Transferring centers as a FT driver?

kerbinator

I'm not serious about doing it just yet, but I'm wondering what happens. Like say I were to apply for a FT driver position at another center, in another state, that is hiring off the street. As I understand it, if I got the job, I would lose my building seniority, but keep by company seniority ... right? And so if I'm 2 years into my pay progression, would I keep that time, or would I have to start over? If I had to start over today, would my progression be 4 years or 3, since the new contract still isn't 100% ratified?

All of this is hypothetical, I doubt I will transfer either way. Just curious.

Indecisi0n

train04.gif

J

jibbs

I'm not serious about doing it just yet, but I'm wondering what happens. Like say I were to apply for a FT driver position at another center, in another state, that is hiring off the street. As I understand it, if I got the job, I would lose my building seniority, but keep by company seniority ... right? And so if I'm 2 years into my pay progression, would I keep that time, or would I have to start over? If I had to start over today, would my progression be 4 years or 3, since the new contract still isn't 100% ratified?

All of this is hypothetical, I doubt I will transfer either way. Just curious.

Hypotheticals are for ******s and females. Either man up or get the **** out.

kerbinator

Hypotheticals are for ******s and females. Either man up or get the **** out.
lmao. UPS drivers are the single biggest group of grown male cry-babies on the planet. that said, how should exactly should I "man up"? Just stop wondering about it? this board never fails to make me cringe....

J

jibbs

lmao. UPS drivers are the single biggest group of grown male cry-babies on the planet. that said, how should exactly should I "man up"? Just stop wondering about it? this board never fails to make me cringe....

The board makes you cringe? Well then, apparently you missed the last part of my second sentence. Feel free to read it over again and again until it's comprehensible.

Just so we're clear, manning up involves making a decision and following through on it, while bitching out involves fear of the final step in the decision-making process and a preference to defer to more confident individuals to make choices for you. So, basically, manning up in this case would be to eliminate the hypothetical and make a clear stand on what you want to do. I'm not sure about many others here but I personally wouldn't want to waste time dispensing unnecessary advice to a person unsure what his situation even is, preferring instead to just tell you to stop being a pusillanimous sitting on the fence and choose a side to fall on.

I like to call them words of wisdom, but really it's just common sense.