Transferring from UK to US

Kwilson

Looking at some of the posts in the discussions forum, and noticed a few few topics about moving about to different countries.

Am on the Graduate programme and in a Supervisor position in the UK, and once completed, i want to move to the US with the company...

The only thing i have heard is i may need to resign over here before trying to get into UPS in the states. If this is true, i may look at other countries

Can you help me out at all guys...?

Regards

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When you first posted your inquiry you never mentioned that you were in a supervisory position. This may work to your advantage, especially since you will be paying for the move yourself. You need to contact your local HR person to get the ball rolling.

DesertRider

UPS doesn't recognise country to country transfers if its by the employees choice. If you can get a placement in the US then that's different but chances are very very slim. People wait years for drivers jobs here let alone anything higher so you're more likely going to have to start at the bottom if you were to resign and restart but then if you don't have a job offer you wont get a Green Card/Visa, without them you wont get a job.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you go to the right areas, they will hire off the street FT. I would love to move to a warmer climate for my back, but I don't know if I'd risk quitting. I don't want to be blacklisted. Considering I am an ex-steward, I think it's highly likely.

Management is probably easier to get transferred.

good luck.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Supervisor in my building had a hell of a time transferring. I heard he was a center manager someplace in Europe but I'm not positive.

barnyard

KTM rider
One of our last division managers is now a manager in Europe. I think an automotive manager was also transferred to Europe. Seems to me, you should be looking to get beyond supervisor for that kind of transfer.

UPSGUY72

Looking at some of the posts in the discussions forum, and noticed a few few topics about moving about to different countries.

Am on the Graduate programme and in a Supervisor position in the UK, and once completed, i want to move to the US with the company...

The only thing i have heard is i may need to resign over here before trying to get into UPS in the states. If this is true, i may look at other countries

Can you help me out at all guys...?

Regards

I would talk you you HR person and see if there is an opening in the UPS that you can apply for as you wan to move.

BrownArmy

Got a driver in my center (US) that used to drive for UPS in the UK...

So, the possibility exists.

Somehow I feel it would be easier to transfer as a supervisor than it would be to transfer as an hourly.

You need to go to HR, advice from this forum will be dicey, at best.