Transferring while on the 9.5 list

LeBrown

I am a RPCD, currently just over 2 years in. I transfered from a center with 22.4 drivers, which qualified me for the 9.5 list.

I was informed at my new center, which doesn't have 22.4 drivers, that I am no longer on the 9.5 list..

Is that accurate?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Nobody is taking stops off you dawg.

Take a flashlight...

Spare diad to throw at dogs.

Good luck.

On topic.

I aims to help

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Read your contract! If your new building doesn’t have a Saturday operation then contractually they can not employ 22.4’s which in turn would automatically qualify you as a RPCD in the 2nd year of your four year wage progression. It’s that simple. All RPCD entitlements are now at your disposal. Now realize, your seniority now reflects your new time in the building.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Building must utilize 22.4’s in order for ALL RPCD drivers to make 9.5 list automatically. Otherwise you must have a bid route or cover the same route for an entire week and then file on it. Don’t let them know your intentions or they will bounce you around all week. Surprise them with it. Otherwise you just complete progression or get a route to sign up for it.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I am a RPCD, currently just over 2 years in. I transfered from a center with 22.4 drivers, which qualified me for the 9.5 list.

I was informed at my new center, which doesn't have 22.4 drivers, that I am no longer on the 9.5 list..

Is that accurate?
No 22.4 means automatic 9.5. No signing to get on it

AKCoverMan

No 22.4 means automatic 9.5. No signing to get on it
We have no 22.4 and no Sat ground here. All FTs can opt in either at beginning of year or anytime with one week notice. It’s not “automatic”. BUT a 9.5er with less than four years who does not have a bid route and is not scheduled to cover a route all week is not eligible that week. Sad.. but we were all junior once.

I know some areas allow Cover Drivers to bid for vacant routes week by week, but most places if you don’t have bid route they can bounce you around then use that as reason not to pay 9.5.

No 9.5s in November and December anyway. Maybe come Jan 1 you will be on the same peak route for a week.

542thruNthru

I’ve heard Nov 15 - Jan 15 many times. Article 19 of the Western supplement says “November and December”
Article 19 in the Western supplemental is not the 9.5 list. Article 37 of NMA agreement is.

Article 19 is what we have our 22.4s file.

AKCoverMan

I’ve heard Nov 15 - Jan 15 many times. Article 19 of the Western supplement says “November and December”
Art 37 Sec 1 (c)... this is the national master contract 9.5 language.. and the first paragraph ends with “..except for the period from November 15 to January 15 the following year:” This was changed on the last contract. It was Nov 1-Dec 31 but company was getting pounded first two weeks of January so they wanted to extend peak. We agreed but company had to give back first two weeks in November.

I believe the language in Western Art 19 is just left over from prior contract. There is a lot of this that happens.. in our local we have languages that says we MUST take an unpaid lunch, except that it also says we do NOT HAVE to take and unpaid lunch. And there is a place that says part time get holidays after six months but another place that says they don’t get holidays for a year.

AKCoverMan

We file under both art,37 master and art.19 western. I don’t understand why people keep going over 9,5.
We’re a small building, 15 bid routes, all but 2 on 9.5 list. I’m filing 10-13 grievances every week. Expect to for three more weeks. I’ll be happy to be wrong.