9.5 List and Cover Drivers

PPH_over_9000

The opposite. I file and get paid. So should he.

So at worst, if they hit me with an over 9.5 day one more time this week I will be filing despite being on different routes.

I want to see how this plays out. If I lose, I lose. But if I win? Maaaaannn, it's like I just found the side of the fence where the grass is greener. Everything gets better and every blow is softened. I mean, you still get hit but it's more of a tickle instead of a kidney shot.

Also, just to clarify: I am absolutely an RPCD.

I won a bid midway through 2022 and even got myself a route, but when 2023 hit management decided that volume didn't justify my route so it was cut completely. I was then put through the bid process only to end up without a route, so now I'm simply cover but I still retain all the benefits, protections, and pay progression that an RPCD/0300 with a bidded route is guaranteed.

10:30 resi

So at worst, if they hit me with an over 9.5 day one more time this week I will be filing despite being on different routes.

I want to see how this plays out. If I lose, I lose. But if I win? Maaaaannn, it's like I just found the side of the fence where the grass is greener. Everything gets better and every blow is softened. I mean, you still get hit but it's more of a tickle instead of a kidney shot.

Also, just to clarify: I am absolutely an RPCD.

I won a bid midway through 2022 and even got myself a route, but when 2023 hit management decided that volume didn't justify my route so it was cut completely. I was then put through the bid process only to end up without a route, so now I'm simply cover but I still retain all the benefits, protections, and pay progression that an RPCD/0300 with a bidded route is guaranteed.
Don't give your grievance to the steward who told you that you needed to cover the same route all week

PPH_over_9000

I'm so glad I posted this on my dinner break.

Thanks guys, everyone who has responded thus far. I know sometimes it's hard to remember that there's a "team" in teamsters but I :censored2:in' love y'all, don't know what I'd do without ya.

BlackCat

It used to be that you had to be on the same route all week.

We had a split route that was in ALL the time, to the point that it’s actually a bid route now.

Long story short, our dispatcher was a vindictive prick and he would intentionally change the route loop number so you couldn’t file.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
My stewards used to tell me the same stuff, steering you from it. Does your building utilize 22.4s? If there is a single 22.4 in your building, every RPCD is eligible for 9.5 automatically. You just have to sign up. Then bury them with grievances. They are paying out the ass right now.

DOK

RPCD without an assigned route. I managed to win a bid on a route that got put up around August last year (I think we lost an employee) and lost it in quick fashion this past February.

I've got a ton of company seniority but only been FT for a few years now, so I'm squarely at the bottom of the RPCD/0300 seniority list. Been cover ever since and I absolutely hate the unpredictability and the fact that my day is going to be predicated on who doesn't want to work, and nothing's set in stone until I leave the building in a package car.

Even 10min after PCM, if I'm still around trying to verify my airs there's a good chance a supe is gonna pop up and say "Hey, we just put you on 99Z, we forgot someone on the looking list"

"But they weren't on the looking list," I try to tell them.

"Yeah, but they called in at 7:30 and asked for the day but we forgot to actually put their name up," I'm told over and over again.
We all go/went through this, I was trying to find another job at the time because of the unpredictability, hated it. That was 35+ years ago, it does get better, in increments though.

Your management team is just stupid but it’s a stupidity that benefits you.
Can you please show me where in the contract it says I shouldn't have 9.5 protection? Cause I interpret this to mean I should, but I'm a truck driver not a lawyer.
Screenshot_20230620-213129~2.png

Cowboy Mac

Can you please show me where in the contract it says I shouldn't have 9.5 protection? Cause I interpret this to mean I should, but I'm a truck driver not a lawyer.
View attachment 433832
That’s it right there. It’s basically saying if 22.4s exist in your building, you have 9.5 rights regardless of your seniority.

Why don’t you sign the vacation cover bids? If you get a route for the week it’s more consistent, even if you don’t know the route. And if you win it and they take you off you get 2 hours penalty pay every day they take you off of it.

That’s it right there. It’s basically saying if 22.4s exist in your building, you have 9.5 rights regardless of your seniority.

Why don’t you sign the vacation cover bids? If you get a route for the week it’s more consistent, even if you don’t know the route. And if you win it and they take you off you get 2 hours penalty pay every day they take you off of it.
The way I see it, every route pays the same $/hr so I don't care what route they put me on. If a supe wants to give me a crap route, I'm ok with making more money. Now that they've realized I'm not afraid of making money they mostly put me on routes I like. Well, I'm cool with that too.
Also I believe it is next to impossible to try hold me to any sort of production standard when I am on a different route of their chosing every day. Very unpredictable though, you are right

Cowboy Mac

The way I see it, every route pays the same $/hr so I don't care what route they put me on. If a supe wants to give me a crap route, I'm ok with making more money. Now that they've realized I'm not afraid of making money they mostly put me on routes I like. Well, I'm cool with that too.
Also I believe it is next to impossible to try hold me to any sort of production standard when I am on a different route of their chosing every day. Very unpredictable though, you are right
It’s another way to make extra grievance money. They can’t hold you to any standard ever.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
The union does not recognize production standards. Just give them a fair days work for a fair days pay. Let them worry about production and you just worry about making it home safe.