Trash

How do you empty your trash bin

• Total voters

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I ran a route back in the day that the driver side door would not close. Come to find out the regular driver never removed his trash and some would randomly get shoved between the body and the door. Eventually, after continuous opening and closing, jamming the trash in the side it no longer opened and had to be written up in the DVIR by me (the cover driver)

I hope you gave the regular driver crap about it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They only blow out if you drop them into the hole so that they rest on the lip of the can.

The trick instead is to shove them in under the lip so that they are wedged tightly into the little recess. Set the can on the floor and kick it into the recess with your foot so that the lip of the can is below the hole instead of on top of it. Its hard to explain but I can take a pic on Monday. I had a couple of cans blow away on me before I figured that trick out.

My can is almost lipless now and I don't care.
Finally the company may be liable for a poor design?
Not in this case.
Why, because the design has been flawless thus far, 60,000 miles and counting.
The defect is in the maintenance.

Yes, I have wrote it up, twice.
What do you think of that Integrity?

over9five

Staff member
My can is almost lipless now and I don't care.
Finally the company may be liable for a poor design?
Not in this case.
Why, because the design has been flawless thus far, 60,000 miles and counting.
The defect is in the maintenance.

Yes, I have wrote it up, twice.
What do you think of that Integrity?

Lol, if you were in feeders, you'd simply refuse to drive the vehicle!

gman042

Been around the block a few times
There are a few cover drivers in our center that leave the trucks trashed out. Annoys me to no end to come back and have clutter strewn from one end of the truck to the other. I guess it is not their route why should they worry about keeping it clean.

Indecisi0n

I empty all the routes I cover. Ok not all but most. I'm by no means a clean freak and I find it disgusting how most driver keep their trucks

I am a cover and in my opinion the majority of drivers are pigs. I no longer clean others trash. I am not your mother so if you choose to drive all day in a dumpster then go ahead. I just clean the windows so I can see and leave the truck the way I found it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are a few cover drivers in our center that leave the trucks trashed out. Annoys me to no end to come back and have clutter strewn from one end of the truck to the other. I guess it is not theirs route why should they worry about keeping it clean.

When this happens to me I use a DR bag to gather up all of their trash and then leave it on the hood of their personal vehicle.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I just make sure to approach the cover driver in ear shot of the center manager or my on car and remind them that I am not their mother and to please clean up after themselves. I don't care what you do in my package car while I'm gone, just don't leave evidence.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
They took away our trash cans at one point because people were leaving piss bomb bottles in the garbage instead of emptying them someplace appropriate for a change. But they're back now.