Traveling to help another station

MassWineGuy

Hey, so I(actually quite a few of us went) went and helped a station 7 hours away for two weeks. Initially I was told I get paid for traveling out there and coming back. I went out there on memorial day, came back that Friday, went back out there Sunday and came back on Thursday. The people at the other station confirmed this as well when I was there. Now I'm being told I do not get paid for that? Why wouldn't I get paid for doing work on my own time on my day off? Honestly i should get overtime for it Lol. I also rented a car, I was told they reimburse for it plus gas but they suddenly don't know if I do. I need my money... Are my stations managers just clueless or how does this work? Any policies I can look at? Thanks

Forget the managers. Call HR at the district office. Maybe they can help, depending on how subservient they are.

fatboy33

Hey, so I(actually quite a few of us went) went and helped a station 7 hours away for two weeks. Initially I was told I get paid for traveling out there and coming back. I went out there on memorial day, came back that Friday, went back out there Sunday and came back on Thursday. The people at the other station confirmed this as well when I was there. Now I'm being told I do not get paid for that? Why wouldn't I get paid for doing work on my own time on my day off? Honestly i should get overtime for it Lol. I also rented a car, I was told they reimburse for it plus gas but they suddenly don't know if I do. I need my money... Are my stations managers just clueless or how does this work? Any policies I can look at? Thanks
I was flown out with ticket in hand given to me by my manager. 2 weeks paid hotel, $70 a day meal allowance, rental car reimbursement and gas. I was simply instructed to save all receipts. It took about 1 week to see money owed to appear on my paycheck.

Nolimitz

I was flown out with ticket in hand given to me by my manager. 2 weeks paid hotel, $70 a day meal allowance, rental car reimbursement and gas. I was simply instructed to save all receipts. It took about 1 week to see money owed to appear on my paycheck.
That is not a Fedex issued hot card!